Who has attended the Orange Party?

oaktreerb

On 10/14/2019 at 3:31 AM, Dulciana8 said:

It would be interesting if HAL could somehow transfer the enthusiasm from the true King’s Day celebration into a regular Orange Party— maybe they’re attempting to do so in a half attempt (not really working)— but if they could notify passengers in advance, build enthusiasm, similar to other cruise lines with themed parties... maybe the potential could grow. Personally I like the idea and am intrigued by it (and would love to see a real King’s day celebration!).  Just my random musings 😊

Thank you for your insight! 

IT IS APRIL 27th in case you don’t know. I just found out while reading up on Amsterdam, and I’m delighted to learn about it since my Rotterdam TA docks on the 22nd in, where else? Rotterdam. So I am at least taking an orange scarf (Merchant internet sites have special orange t-shirts for sale)

As for being Scots Irish, I have both green and orange ancestry. I guess that HAL could just not have an orange party on St. Patrick’s Day. Fair enough?

susan

22 minutes ago, MaisonRose said:

IT IS APRIL 27th in case you don’t know. I just found out while reading up on Amsterdam, and I’m delighted to learn about it since my Rotterdam TA docks on the 22nd in, where else? Rotterdam. So I am at least taking an orange scarf (Merchant internet sites have special orange t-shirts for sale)

As for being Scots Irish, I have both green and orange ancestry. I guess that HAL could just not have an orange party on St. Patrick’s Day. Fair enough?

susan

Wow! That’s pretty good timing for your port stop in Rotterdam, so close to April 27! And, I did not know the date for King’s Day— thank you for enlightening me! You learn something new every day 😊 

• 2 weeks later...

We received an email from HAL before our September Zuiderdam cruise. I was surprised at how many people were wearing something orange in the main dining room. It varied from ties, scarfs, tops (I happened to own one) to t shirts, etc. All things orange. We never actually made it to the party though.