Question for recent Haven cruisers

ptuder

It’s been over 2 years since we have cruised in the Haven. We’ve done 2 MSC Yacht Club since then.  We will be on Breakaway soon.

Can you tell me if they still require  your card for each drink ordered in the Haven lounge?  Last time I could not grab 2 glasses of wine to take back to the cabin even though they knew us and knew there were 2 of us in the cabin.  They made me come back with both cards. Also, even if we were having drinks in the lounge or restaurant we had to show our card each time. We didn’t need to sign anything, just have them scan our cards.

What about snacks in the lounge?  It is still just some type of pub mix or have they added any other options?

Lastly, what about drinks over the cost limit?  Do you only pay the difference or full amount?

Thanks, we are looking forward to trying NCL again.

9 minutes ago, ptuder said:

Can you tell me if they still require  your card for each drink ordered in the Haven lounge?

Yes, but getting 2 drinks for 1 card is likely especially after they get to know you and know that both people have the PBP. 

10 minutes ago, ptuder said:

Last time I could not grab 2 glasses of wine to take back to the cabin even though they knew us and knew there were 2 of us in the cabin.

The T&C has gone back and forth between 1 drink per transaction vs. 2 drinks per transaction for the last few years. The "2 per" is the norm....until the next change, of course. 

12 minutes ago, ptuder said:

They made me come back with both cards.

I would bring 2 just in case for the first few days. 

12 minutes ago, ptuder said:

Lastly, what about drinks over the cost limit?  Do you only pay the difference or full amount?

If you go over the $15 limit, you pay the difference plus 20% on that difference. A $20 drink will cost you $5 plus $1 ($6 in your account). 

You are entitled to two drinks per person at a time, and they will scan your card.  This is uniform across all bars.  You will have to have your card scanned, but you and your wife can EACH get two glasses of wine if you like.

Drinks over the cost limit - you get a $15 credit towards the cost of the drink, so for example if you order a $20 drink, you will pay $5 + 20% auto tip $1 so $6 total, rather than the $24 you would ordinarily pay without the drink pkg.  

5 hours ago, ptuder said:

It’s been over 2 years since we have cruised in the Haven. We’ve done 2 MSC Yacht Club since then.  We will be on Breakaway soon.

Can you tell me if they still require  your card for each drink ordered in the Haven lounge?  Last time I could not grab 2 glasses of wine to take back to the cabin even though they knew us and knew there were 2 of us in the cabin.  They made me come back with both cards. Also, even if we were having drinks in the lounge or restaurant we had to show our card each time. We didn’t need to sign anything, just have them scan our cards.

What about snacks in the lounge?  It is still just some type of pub mix or have they added any other options?

Thanks, we are looking forward to trying NCL again.

The Haven bar is like any other bar on the ship. 2 drinks per card. You pay the difference if you exceed $15. A double is 2 drinks. And standard bar mix. We have our butler keep a bowl of bar mix filled in our room for evening drinks. 

15FA0E2F-354D-4395-8444-141CFE09522C.jpeg

• Like 1