behind the fun tour

jmcancruise

17 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

I did a galley tour on another cruise line for free years back because a coworker's daughter worked on the ship and hooked me up with it when they found out about my vacation. I enjoyed it but once I found out what the actual cost was I was like I liked it because it was free but I would not pay that much for it. 

This is way more than a galley tour, agree with it being a great (not good but great) experience, highly recommend it.

We did one on our last cruise on the Sunshine and had to bow out halfway through, for some reason I got super nauseous being on the lowest underwater decks for the first hour and a half...I have been on tons of cruises and actually lived on sailboat for a while and have never gotten seasick so it took me totally off guard but just a little FYI for others. Really regret not being able to make it through, I think it was the small spaces/lack of fresh air. I would try it again in the future though, it was so interesting.

30 minutes ago, aaronm120 said:

Does every cruise offer this? Is it publicized or do you have to ask?

It's probably mentioned in the funtimes, but it fills up fast so you really need to sign up on day 1 at guest services.   They do 1 or 2 groups of 16 on the last sea day.  I've done it twice, well worth it.

Edited by cathyz
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 8:16 PM, thehappierhomemaker said:

We did one on our last cruise on the Sunshine and had to bow out halfway through, for some reason I got super nauseous being on the lowest underwater decks for the first hour and a half...I have been on tons of cruises and actually lived on sailboat for a while and have never gotten seasick so it took me totally off guard but just a little FYI for others. Really regret not being able to make it through, I think it was the small spaces/lack of fresh air. I would try it again in the future though, it was so interesting.

oh my. thank you for telling us this. I have bad motion sickness.