Mazatlan Christmas Eve, PV Christmas day?

geoffrywillhardt

Hello all. We are cruising on the Panorama for Christmas and will be in Mazatlan on Christmas Eve and PV on Christmas day, we are wondering if things are going to be open or if it will be pretty limited. We are booking excursions for both ports so we will have things to do but are hoping to do some shopping and stuff after the excursions. Especially PV after the excursion we are there until 8pm. Thanks for any info and help.  

Shops and most restaurants in Puerto Vallarta will be open on December 25. Sometimes they open a littl later then other days. The evening/night of December 24 is the most important in Mexico, a family get together. That day often shops and restaurants close a bit earlier then on other days.

The only time I was in PV on Christmas Day was more than a decade ago.  I had said to my wife “the store keepers all know the cruise ship will be in, so everything will be open”. I was wrong — everything was closed!  A few hours later, a small number of shops opened up.  This was on the Malecon.

I hope Ine is right and that you find everything open for your visit!