Any experiences with suites with whirlpool tubs?

aprilF

20 hours ago, Até said:

If you're sailing Seaview then Jim Zim stayed in one of those on an early Seaside sailing and did a review with lots of pictures.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2503001-jim-zims-msc-seaside-review-with-84-photos-amp-8-videos/

We had it last year. It was best cruise ever. Cabin is fantastic I would book it again but price now is very high . 😭 

• Like 1

Its great to hear that people liked this room class.  🙂  I am sailing on the Seaview and hope it is comparable to the layout of the above room, if so I think we will be very happy too.

Can anyone tell me if this is the type of tub you fill and drain with each use?  And does it warm as well as have jets?

Thank you everyone for the input so far!

Hi. We had an Aurea Whirlpool suite on Seaside. Great room. The tub is basically a large bath with jets. You fill it with water each time you use it. You can vary the temperature of the water as you fill it and top up with hot water as you wish. It's tight for two people. Nice novelty. Ken

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:02 PM, CruiseIreland said:

Hi. We had an Aurea Whirlpool suite on Seaside. Great room. The tub is basically a large bath with jets. You fill it with water each time you use it. You can vary the temperature of the water as you fill it and top up with hot water as you wish. It's tight for two people. Nice novelty. Ken

Thank you for the additional info.  I was wondering how they would deal with the maintenance of a filled spa/ keeping the chemicals balanced.  And this means we could use bath bombs in the hot tub if we wanted to upgrade the experience!  🙂

We will be in an Aurea suite with the wrap around balcony on the front of the Meraviglia ship in March next year.  The Hot tub is an actual Jacuzzi.  I don't think we fill it???  Look on youtube for Meraviglia aurea suite with hottub for a video...it looks fantastic, I think we will be spending a lot of time on the balcony:)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cruzingambler said:

We will be in an Aurea suite with the wrap around balcony on the front of the Meraviglia ship in March next year.  The Hot tub is an actual Jacuzzi.  I don't think we fill it???  Look on youtube for Meraviglia aurea suite with hottub for a video...it looks fantastic, I think we will be spending a lot of time on the balcony:)

Hi,

I just sailed Oct 18-28 in cabin 12010, which is an Aurea suite with wrap around balcony.  The hot tub was kept full and heated the whole time.  It was not something that was drained and filled.  The cabin attendant checked it daily.  Of course, on my sailing (to Canada) we couldn't use it much because of the cold/wind.  Most nights at sea, the wind was too fierce to even stand outside.  But in warmer climates/conditions I am sure it will be great.  We loved this suite.  Especially the walk in closet with so much storage space!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smile145 said:

Hi,

I just sailed Oct 18-28 in cabin 12010, which is an Aurea suite with wrap around balcony.  The hot tub was kept full and heated the whole time.  It was not something that was drained and filled.  The cabin attendant checked it daily.  Of course, on my sailing (to Canada) we couldn't use it much because of the cold/wind.  Most nights at sea, the wind was too fierce to even stand outside.  But in warmer climates/conditions I am sure it will be great.  We loved this suite.  Especially the walk in closet with so much storage space!

Thank you so much!!  We will be in the Caribbean so as long as the weather and the seas co-operate sounds like we will be living on the balcony.  Thank you for confirming the hot tub is full and heated.  I'm sorry you weren't able to take advantage of it.  Maybe next time.  Happy Cruising:)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, smile145 said:

Hi,

I just sailed Oct 18-28 in cabin 12010, which is an Aurea suite with wrap around balcony. 

Hi Kim, sorry we never met up on the 18th.  We're in 12010 for the 28th sailing and have been making good use of the hot tub for this warmer weather sailing.  Mark has been a fantastic cabin steward and told us he will be changing the water three or four times this sailing,  more often if we request.  

Edited by Boschmann
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Boschmann said:

Hi Kim, sorry we never met up on the 18th.  We're in 12010 for the 28th sailing and have been making good use of the hot tub for this warmer weather sailing.  Mark has been a fantastic cabin steward and told us he will be changing the water three or four times this sailing,  more often if we request.  

Glad you are getting use of the hot tub!  We had such high winds it didn't work out but we loved the suite.  Mark was fantastic!  We had the premium plus drink package that included the mini bar and he would offer to replace everything we used twice a day.  He was always right outside the room and easy to contact for any issue.  The only thing we didn't like in that room was the couch badly needs to be replaced.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 12:03 PM, smile145 said:

The only thing we didn't like in that room was the couch badly needs to be replaced.

Definitely.  Luckily I saw the post about only European outlets in the bedroom and had my son bring me a US adapter for the CPAP.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boschmann said:

Definitely.  Luckily I saw the post about only European outlets in the bedroom and had my son bring me a US adapter for the CPAP.

are you sure all MSC ships i have been on so far have had american and european

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Epos Man said:

are you sure all MSC ships i have been on so far have had american and european

Meraviglia only has US on the desk, not near the bed.  So in a regular cabin you can run an extension cord from the bed to the desk but in a suite you can’t since the bed is in a separate room so you need an adaptor.

• Like 1