Bora Bora - Sofitel Marama - August 2020

rehab

Hi All

Havent been able to find info I require on this subject, so trying here.

We are going on PG 10 day Tahiti cruise July 29 2020. Post cruise we are looking at a few days on Bora Bora.  Have been leaning towards Sofitel Marama due to handy location. pool and use of transfers to private island.  Seems the property is undergoing renovations, which may or may not be finished.  Has anyone been there lately, is it closed or undergoing reno's.  I have emailed them but no reply.  Some sites state closed till 30 Sept 2019.  They seem to be taking bookings but I dont want to get there and be staying on a construction site, thanks in advance

16 hours ago, rehab said:

Hi All

Havent been able to find info I require on this subject, so trying here.

We are going on PG 10 day Tahiti cruise July 29 2020. Post cruise we are looking at a few days on Bora Bora.  Have been leaning towards Sofitel Marama due to handy location. pool and use of transfers to private island.  Seems the property is undergoing renovations, which may or may not be finished.  Has anyone been there lately, is it closed or undergoing reno's.  I have emailed them but no reply.  Some sites state closed till 30 Sept 2019.  They seem to be taking bookings but I dont want to get there and be staying on a construction site, thanks in advance

IMO  .... the Sofitel Marama is a bit noisy as your right next to thew main road. The Sofitel Island was renovated over the last 4 years and is in good condition. Another to consider is the Le Moana which also enjoys the same are of many cafes, a store, some shopping and easy access to the Coral Gardens 😉