Nov. 2nd, 2019 Civitavecchia to Ostiense No Express or Regional trains?

True Romance

Can anyone think of what could be up with the Trenitalia site showing 2 change of trains for this Nov. 2nd? It is a Saturday and 3 ships are in port. Every day, other than Nov. 2nd, show the express schedule and trains from Civitavecchia to Ostiense with no changes.  This day shows a change to a bus from Ladispoli-Cerveteri to Maccarese-Fregene and then back on a train to Ostiense. I cannot figure out why. This doubles the time to get into Rome. I have looked all over the site and cannot find a mention of contraction or track work being done. 

TIA for any assistance. I am trying to figure out if I should just book the cruise line bus transfer to get us into the city for the day. I prefer the less expensive train option, but it it is going to take us over 2 hours to get there I might as well grab the bus. Ugh. 

image.thumb.png.83c88668d0d2e2fd3abc4bf70911b5d1.png

When I look at the timetables for 31st October, the disrupted service starts from about 10 am, and then continues that way on 1st and 2nd November.  By the morning of Sunday 3rd November, it’s back to normal.  It looks to me like engineering work on that line.  You might be best to book the cruise line transfer.

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

When I look at the timetables for 31st October, the disrupted service starts from about 10 am, and then continues that way on 1st and 2nd November.  By the morning of Sunday 3rd November, it’s back to normal.  It looks to me like engineering work on that line.  You might be best to book the cruise line transfer.

Crap, that is what I was afraid of. Thank you for confirming my suspicion. I do realize we are traveling in the off season. This is now throwing my entire plans out the window.

Any clue how flexible the Colosseum is with showing up an hour late for self guided general entrance ticket I pre-purchased? 

Just a thought, but maybe you could coordinate your trip into Rome with others on the roll call and share a private van?  If so, you could arrange to have it leave the dock as early as possible.  Would that give you enough leeway to arrive in time for your ticket?  

It indeed looks like some track maintenance work or some such thing,  I didn't look at Ostiense specifically, but I put in "tutti" (all stations) and all have the same diversion.

Sometimes we get hit with "gotcha" into our perfect plans - sorry this one is yours. 

2 hours ago, GCHAN said:

I am looking at going from the airport to Civitavecchia on the 31st October. It shows that one segment is by bus.

Do they allow luggage? 

No worries 

This is a rail-replacement service, so the limitations are the same as on trains.

But hauling your luggage between platform & bus is your probem

JB :classic_smile:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

It indeed looks like some track maintenance work or some such thing,  I didn't look at Ostiense specifically, but I put in "tutti" (all stations) and all have the same diversion.

Sometimes we get hit with "gotcha" into our perfect plans - sorry this one is yours. 

Yeah, it is all part of traveling. I am just glad I figured it out ahead of time and did not get stuck with this knowledge the day of.

19 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

there's a 'chat' feature on the tren italia site, 9am -6pm.   

Might be worthwhile asking what the issue is, and if there's a chance the timing of the track mtx could change ?

You might get nowhere, but it doesnt hurt to try.    

Thank you, that was a good idea. I did do the chat and they had no idea what I was talking about. I could not send them a screen cap to explain and show them the discrepancy.