5 Day Carnival Cruise

MrsHudson921

My husband and I can't decide on a 5 day cruise for our 1 year anniversary. We would love to do a longer cruise however due to our jobs and cost, we cannot. I'm looking for recommendations on 5 day cruises and which ship. We did Valor out of New Orleans to Progreso and Cozumel for our honeymoon, we loved it, just looking for some different options. 

Edited by MrsHudson921

51 minutes ago, MrsHudson921 said:

My husband and I can't decide on a 5 day cruise for our 1 year anniversary. We would love to do a longer cruise however due to our jobs and cost, we cannot. I'm looking for recommendations on 5 day cruises and which ship. We did Valor out of New Orleans to Progreso and Cozumel for our honeymoon, we loved it, just looking for some different options. 

Dates? Specific departure ports? In 2021, I would recommend that Carnival Breeze sailing from Galveston to Mexico. But if you are looking for options in 2020, then choose the Carnival Dream sailing from Galveston to Mexico.

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

Dates? Specific departure ports? In 2021, I would recommend that Carnival Breeze sailing from Galveston to Mexico. But if you are looking for options in 2020, then choose the Carnival Dream sailing from Galveston to Mexico.

Is that a 5 day and we are looking at September of next year

If I were picking one just based on the ship it would be Dream...or even better Breeze in 2021. But those are Cozumel, progreso which you’ve already done. If you can get to grand cayman as someone mentioned I’d do it. Stingrays and turtles are great excursion options. I’ve done both but I think I like the turtles better.  Dunn’s River Falls if you go to Ocho Rios.

Edited by Saint Greg

Since you are in Indiana, I think your options are endless since you will have to travel to a port regardless.  Go on the Carnival website, do a side by side comparison of several of the ships that offer 5-day cruises in your date range and see what looks best.   

2 minutes ago, Florings said:

Since you are in Indiana, I think your options are endless since you will have to travel to a port regardless.  Go on the Carnival website, do a side by side comparison of several of the ships that offer 5-day cruises in your date range and see what looks best.   

Good answer! Too many variables for us on the forum to answer without playing 20 questions. 

Ehhhh....everyone has different criteria.  It is a shot in the dark to have random people recommend things especially since the choices are so similar to each other.

Edited by ray98

My two cents are more port related. If Costa Maya is a port option, I love Maya Chan. You can look them up to see. The water isn't the best if you are looking for clear water, it has a lot of sea grass. But the place is fantastic! It's a cool hangout for a relaxing day with an open bar and a very tasty lunch. My daughters still talk about it. We are going again on a 5-day in March. When we are Cozumel, we do Nachi Cocom which I love (booked again, also and it will be my 5th time) but if I had to choose one, Maya Chan would be it.