Navigator - suite F

LindsayC

Hi all,

I just booked our first sailing with Regent, a Caribbean cruise in May 2021. Our budget made that we decided to book a suite type F. I booked cabin 861, I'm a little concerned about vibrations but I hope it wont bother us that much. I'm more concerned about the noise comming from the theatre underneath us. The other option is to move to deck 9 but than we have a restaurant above us. Maybe some of you experienced Regent cruisers could help me decide to stay with cabin 861 or to move to a cabin on deck 9.

Thank you in advance!

Lindsay

can you afford to move to category E? It would be worth the slightly higher cost. The more forward you are the better, the vibrations in the back of the ship can get pretty strong at times.

I wouldn't worry about the theater noise. We have loved being on deck 6 on Navigator. but more forward. It is the most convenient deck and lower in case of rough seas.

• Like 1

Thank you Sharle. The price difference with catagory E is 400 euro's pp (around 445 USD). I could afford it but I have to figure out if I'm willing to pay an extra 890 USD for a better location with less vibration. I already read so many postings about this vibration and I'm assuming I can handle it. I just hope I wont make the wrong decission.

As I understand it, the last dry dock has helped reduce the vibration.  We were on Navigator August 2019 (after last dry dock) in cabin 946 (which is aft) , do not remember any issues with vibration.  In LaVeranda maybe a little vibration when docking.  I am not sure what the vibration was like before the last dry dock, but on our cruise we were not impacted.  If you compare our location to the aft of the ship with where your cabin (861)  is, we were just as far back as you will be.

Sorry, I can’t really comment on that particular suite/area as we’ve always been midship or forward on Navigator but I think the combination of being aft like that and sitting right above the theater *may* be an issue if you’re noise sensitive.

Our last Voyager cruise we were right above a lounge and could hear the music pretty loudly some evenings.  Not enough to ruin the cruise but it was noticeable.  A lot of it will depend on your personal tolerance for buzzing and rattling.  Me, I don’t mind it.  It drives others nuts.

Have you looked at the SuiteGuru Sticky to see if there were any nearby reviews?

We were in 861 for 30 days.  Yes there are vibrations and you could hear the music sometimes.  But overall, it did not bother us.  We would rather have the extra money to spend elsewhere.  Same exact room on other floors.  Just our opinion.  Have fun!

Lindsay, Bill is very modest, that is a great sticky that he put together and if you see comparable suites, the reviews will be very helpful. Also if you paid your deposit within 14 days you might want to check the member referral credit thread which will help a little bit with the cruise cost. My email is in that thread and I would be pleased to help you wish.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jctdlt said:

We were in 861 for 30 days.  Yes there are vibrations and you could hear the music sometimes.  But overall, it did not bother us.  We would rather have the extra money to spend elsewhere.  Same exact room on other floors.  Just our opinion.  Have fun!

I'm actually thinking the same thing. I assume some noise and vibrations (up to a certain level) wont bother and we can save the extra 890 USD. 

15 minutes ago, taxare said:

Lindsay, Bill is very modest, that is a great sticky that he put together and if you see comparable suites, the reviews will be very helpful. Also if you paid your deposit within 14 days you might want to check the member referral credit thread which will help a little bit with the cruise cost. My email is in that thread and I would be pleased to help you wish.

Thank you for the info! This is very helpful.

861 is directly over the rear of the theater below, but way to the back. You will hear the noise from the shows, AND the rehearsals.  Vibration will not be quite as bad as further back though. Take a look at the comments in the "Seat Guru" cabin selection page at the top of the CC board index.  I stayed in 869 for a short cruise and found the noise from below annoying.

J