Future of Fantasy class ships?

SmithAlien

What will eventually become of Carnival's Fantasy class ships, which date back to the 1990s? With the departure of the Holidays and older, smaller classes, the Fantasy class are now the oldest, and smallest, ships in the fleet. They were once a backbone of the 1990s fleet, between the older, smaller classes and the emerging larger classes in the days before megaships. I sailed on Carnival Fascination for my first cruise, in 2001. I enjoyed this trip and still keep an eye on Fascination's evolution, and want to sail on her once more to see how much has changed and how much remains the same. The Fantasys have had a good long service life, and when they are retired, hopefully they will find good homes. Any idea of their next lives?

We were married in '98 on a Fantasy cruise and then did our 1st Anniversary on a Fantasy cruise. Our third was on the Ecstasy. After that, it was the larger Freedom. I do like the small Fantasy-class but i like the Grand Suites on the larger ships. I don't know if I could stand the Mardi Gras size ships.

Evenutally, Carnival will sell off the Fantasy ships to another line until they become to expensive to maintain.

I am not a huge fan of the Fantasy though we have sailed it twice, mainly because it sailed out of Charleston where my daughter lives.  We are balcony people and we missed it on the Fantasy.  We are not apposed to sailing on another Fantasy class ship that has balconies.  I believe there will always be a demand for the smaller ships.  I do not see Carnival eliminating them completely anywhere in the near future.

They will be around for a while.  Several ports they use have bridges that limit the height of the ships that will fit.  Only the Fantasy and Spirit class will fit.  Until they build more shorter ships they will keep them trudging along.  I love the Spirit class and would like the see some more of them build though it will never happen in the cram as many people as possible day we live in.  We like the fantasy class as well.  Been on three, have one next month and two more next year. 

Love the Fantasy Class . . . they will always have a place doing the 3-day and 4-day runs. Do the two out of Long Beach all the time and did the Elation when she was doing the 7-day Mexican Riviera. The two I've seen the Imagination and the Inspiration are in great shape. Kind of fun to walk those Joe Farcus decks and remember days gone past.

• Like 1

I think the Fantasy class ships will be around for a while.  Carnival has been making major upgrades to them.  The Paradise recently had balconies and a new Grand deck added with suites and scenic ocean view cabins.  I enjoy the Fantasy class ships, but my wife prefers the larger ships.