Viking Ocean Ships Dimmer Controls in Cabin?

shadowfox7

Hello all, we are going on the Viking Sun March 7 Hong Kong to Mumbai and are in a Deluxe Veranda on Deck 3.

Question,  all the photos and youtube videos is see have the lighting on full. Can anyone tell me if the there are dimmer controls in the cabins or

are there separate controls that set the "mood"? as in daytime vs evening. Thanks

Hello all, we are going on the Viking Sun March 7 Hong Kong to Mumbai and are in a Deluxe Veranda on Deck 3.
Question,  all the photos and youtube videos is see have the lighting on full. Can anyone tell me if the there are dimmer controls in the cabins or
are there separate controls that set the "mood"? as in daytime vs evening. Thanks
On Viking Jupiter, yes you can dim the lights, but there aren't different color tones or predefined "mood" settings. I can't say about any of the earlier ships.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I didn’t know you could dim the lights.  Turn some off and some on yes.  Where are the summers?

Ask your room attendant for a demonstration (if available on your ship).

I seem to recall pressing and holding the button.

It was nice to have the light in the bathroom dimmer at night.

• Like 1

I don't remember the dimmers on Viking Jupiter.  I did like to have the lights on in the bathroom under the sink at night but the light in the hallway outside the bathroom was really bright.  My room attendant covered up the light in the hall for us!

Jim

I don't remember the dimmers on Viking Jupiter.  I did like to have the lights on in the bathroom under the sink at night but the light in the hallway outside the bathroom was really bright.  My room attendant covered up the light in the hall for us!

Jim
Strange. We were in a PV cabin and definitely had the ability to dim the lights. I wouldn't have thought the lighting controls would be different in other cabins. We wouldn't have known or figured it out on our own, but our wonderful attendants pointed it out for us when we first arrived in our cabin.
I seem to recall that if you just press and release the button, it turns on full, but if you press and hold, it slowly gets brighter and stays at the level when you release the button. If it's already on and you press and hold, it adjusts the brightness further, instead of just turning off.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shadowfox7 said:

You are on 1 of the segments of the World Cruise. We have an active roll call going for the 2nd half and the segments. Suggest coming over to the Viking Sun Roll Calls for the L/A to London WC. We also have at least 1 private tour available.

Here is a link.

I just remembered that we could dim the lights in the cabin but not the ones under the bathroom sink.  They were on a switch on the closet side of the bed.

Jim
That's right, the bathroom was the floor lights, not a dimmer. But the room definitely dimmed.