Horizon Family Harbor Question

drolltroll

Please help me make sure I am not missing something... Dad wants to go on the Horizon with my wife and I and Dad will be a single. I do not want him to have to book a terrible cabin for a bad price due to single supplement so we are looking at a Family Harbor Suite. Only because of that curtain that will pull in this cabin type, this seems like the only way we will remotely have any privacy, even if this is still minimal privacy. Am I right? Looks like all other cabin options regardless of how nice they are do not even provide a curtain.

Anyone have any other options or suggestions?

1 hour ago, drolltroll said:

Please help me make sure I am not missing something... Dad wants to go on the Horizon with my wife and I and Dad will be a single. I do not want him to have to book a terrible cabin for a bad price due to single supplement so we are looking at a Family Harbor Suite. Only because of that curtain that will pull in this cabin type, this seems like the only way we will remotely have any privacy, even if this is still minimal privacy. Am I right? Looks like all other cabin options regardless of how nice they are do not even provide a curtain.

Anyone have any other options or suggestions?

Yes the Family Harbor Suites have a privacy curtain, however those cabins have a quadruple occupancy. So, you may not be able to book that cabin. Havana Suites also have a privacy curtain. You can simply buy a curtain on Amazon, or your local retailer and magnetics hooks, like these. Then, you can save money and have privacy!

This is from a "cruise cabin hacks" site. You can also use a flat sheet that your steward will give you.

4. How to Separate a Room in Half for Privacy
In the vast majority of cruise ship cabins nothing separates the sitting area from where the bed is situated, making sharing a cabin with a third person (or more!) more intimate than you might like. Whether you're traveling with your child or friends, you can give yourself a modicum of privacy. All it takes are a few magnetic ceiling hooks and a shower curtain to hang from them. Even just two friends sharing a cabin can use this trick to put a little more "distance" between the two twin beds.

I would not book a Harbor cabin unless I had kids. By day 3 the halls smelled like diapers & there are lots of babies & little kids,

On 10/21/2019 at 2:39 AM, jbethel11 said:

Yes the Family Harbor Suites have a privacy curtain, however those cabins have a quadruple occupancy. So, you may not be able to book that cabin. Havana Suites also have a privacy curtain. You can simply buy a curtain on Amazon, or your local retailer and magnetics hooks, like these. Then, you can save money and have privacy!

I don't know, it let me go to the very end of the process with three people and it did not look like there would be an issue. I did not complete the booking so it may have kicked me out had I continued.

Thanks for the suggestions.