Departure from Miami 11:30 too early?

Janie1229

Hi Everyone,

We are thinking of changing our flight from 12:30 to 11:30 out of Miami coming back on our cruise 11/29/-12/8 (Sunday). We are flying first class, and also are "key" members so I would think we'd have time for breakfast and still get to airport in plenty of time. We are flying into Lexington, going to our friend's farm to get our dogs, and then turning around the next morning and driving home to Columbus. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Janie1229

Thanks I am going to call Delta and see if I can switch to the earlier flight at 11:30 without incurring a charge. Of course, if there is a charge I'll keep the 12:30 flight. I think since we are usually quick about getting off the ship (we carry our own luggage etc. and are "key" members), and are first class, we'll get checked in at the airport pretty quick and then we are also TSA pre-check so I would think we're fine.

I wouldn't want to schedule a flight earlier than 11 or 11:30 though....

Heck, if you do self-disembarkation you can make the 10:30 flight, if one is available.:classic_biggrin:  Airport is about 15-20 minutes from port.  Also, on our Feb. Symphony sail, Miami was using Facial Recognition Technology and the process is extremely efficient.  No passport or forms to show/declare.

Thanks to everyone! We plan on being one of the first off the ship - we always walk ourselves off with our own luggage, and we are also key members on this cruise. I don't think I'd be totally comfortable with a 10:30 flight, but I feel good with 11:30. 

• Like 1

No problem at all. I live in palm beach and got off symphony and was home at 9:30. U do not need key on symphony. On and off ship in 15 minutes with no key. Eat a nice salad and roast beef free in park cafe, show up at shows 25 minutes before with good seats.