First Timer need help Suite 661

texswamper

This will be our first cruise on Seabourn & although it's almost a year out, there aren't many suites left to choose from.  We are holding 659 and 661 V5's but after looking at the deck plans, I'm concerned about deck 5 below.  It is very close to the tenders that will be used frequently.  I always book cabins between other cabin decks and try to avoid being above or below public spaces.  On the deck plan there is a blank/white area directly below these cabins.  I can see on photos that it is indeed an open walkway underneath the tenders but know that there has to be something else inside that would be underneath these suites.  The only other suites available are near the forward 622, 625 and 621.  Our other choices are 658, 659 & 661.  I would really appreciate any personal insight before we make the final choice.  This is for 17 days, so I'm hoping to make the right choice.  :-)  TIA

I'm assuming it's either Encore or Ovation as I'm much more familiar with the O class ships and I don't think suite numbers on those ships go as high as 661...

The indoor space in that area of deck 5 is where the offices are, but on the starboard side where the suites OP is asking about are located, I cannot recall for certain what is there. I think it's more offices or the wider corridor space.

It's not a public space that is likely to be noisy though.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who knows for sure!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, shyla100 said:

As far as I know you cannot open the balconies . If it is you first Seabourn cruise make sure you get your 400 usd room credit. 

When you say $400 room credit, are you talking in addition to the Seabourn special they are running of $600 OBC for the sailing? I suspect that's what 2 different TA's are doing when they say they can offer $400 or $500 extra OBC, so it's not really them offering it but Seabourn because we would be first time cruisers.  lol

Thanks for your insight concerning the balcony dividers.  I know on many other lines, it's possible.  

8 hours ago, texswamper said:

Can I also ask if anyone knows whether the balconies can open to have one large balcony if friends are traveling together?  

I'm sure the official answer is "no" but the balcony partitions are designed to be open for cleaning.  I've been on several SB cruise where the balconies were pressured cleaned in mass.  All of the balcony partitions are opened by the staff and pleasure cleaned in one operation.

I'll be onboard in the few weeks and I'll take a pic of the bolts so you can bring the right socket wrench.  But sushhh... don't tell SB.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, texswamper said:

When you say $400 room credit, are you talking in addition to the Seabourn special they are running of $600 OBC for the sailing? I suspect that's what 2 different TA's are doing when they say they can offer $400 or $500 extra OBC, so it's not really them offering it but Seabourn because we would be first time cruisers.  lol

Thanks for your insight concerning the balcony dividers.  I know on many other lines, it's possible.  

The 400 USDs nothing to do with the on board credit it is a referral coupon that only first timers can receive but it from someone else referring you that apply s for it directly with Seabourn. Hope that helps to good to miss out on 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 12:49 PM, shyla100 said:

The 400 USDs nothing to do with the on board credit it is a referral coupon that only first timers can receive but it from someone else referring you that apply s for it directly with Seabourn. Hope that helps to good to miss out on 

I don’t believe you can claim both the New to Seabourn credit and an OBC offer from Seabourn if there is one relating to your voyage - it’s A case of one or the other 

If your TA opts to give you OBC then that is ok and will not impact the New to Seabourn credit 

18 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I don’t believe you can claim both the New to Seabourn credit and an OBC offer from Seabourn if there is one relating to your voyage - it’s A case of one or the other 

If your TA opts to give you OBC then that is ok and will not impact the New to Seabourn credit 

Hi I have just spoken to Seabourn regarding this, they told me that they have changed their rulings on this and you can know get both on board credit plus new to Seabourn credit . So I thought I would just let people know as if you can get it why not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, shyla100 said:

Hi I have just spoken to Seabourn regarding this, they told me that they have changed their rulings on this and you can know get both on board credit plus new to Seabourn credit . So I thought I would just let people know as if you can get it why not?

Sorry should have read back what I have written should read now?

On 10/22/2019 at 11:36 PM, texswamper said:

This will be our first cruise on Seabourn & although it's almost a year out, there aren't many suites left to choose from.  We are holding 659 and 661 V5's but after looking at the deck plans, I'm concerned about deck 5 below.  It is very close to the tenders that will be used frequently.  I always book cabins between other cabin decks and try to avoid being above or below public spaces.  On the deck plan there is a blank/white area directly below these cabins.  I can see on photos that it is indeed an open walkway underneath the tenders but know that there has to be something else inside that would be underneath these suites.  The only other suites available are near the forward 622, 625 and 621.  Our other choices are 658, 659 & 661.  I would really appreciate any personal insight before we make the final choice.  This is for 17 days, so I'm hoping to make the right choice. 🙂  TIA

The white areas on Deck 5 below the suite numbers you mentioned are offices; 661 is above the Hotel Director’s and Cruise Director’s offices;  I don’t think that you’ll be hearing any noise from them; nor from the Lifeboats being used as Tenders. 

(Are there a lot of Tender ports on your cruise ?)

I would prefer that location to being forward in 622, 625 or 621 as 661 is about the pivot point of the ship, i.e. least motion.

6 hours ago, SKP946 said:

The white areas on Deck 5 below the suite numbers you mentioned are offices; 661 is above the Hotel Director’s and Cruise Director’s offices;  I don’t think that you’ll be hearing any noise from them; nor from the Lifeboats being used as Tenders. 

(Are there a lot of Tender ports on your cruise ?)

I would prefer that location to being forward in 622, 625 or 621 as 661 is about the pivot point of the ship, i.e. least motion.

Thank you for that information as it's helps me make an informed choice.  It is definitely a port intensive sailing with only 1 sea day on a 17 night cruise.  Can't remember exactly how many tender ports, but a fair amount.  I decided to choose 658, across the hall from friends in 659 in order to get a bit further from the central staircase at the end of the hallway.  

We are looking forward to trying Seabourn!  Our friends have more than 400 days on Princess along with a few other cruises on HAL & Paul Gauguin while we have only have 18 cruises on Princess, RCCL and Windstar.  I will definitely read through the Seabourn forum to gather more information and tips from all of you over the next 11 months!  Thanks for your help!  :-)