Anyone Uber between Galveston and Texas City?

PCWalton1

Hi, so there is my question. Anyone Uber between Galveston and Texas City? We plan to stay in Texas City prior to the cruise. We decided that as we are flying into IAH the evening prior to the cruise and we don't land until 6:20pm. By the time we get into the Galveston area it will be late enough that all we will want to do is get a quick bite then sleep so no reason to pay the high cost of hotels/rental cars in Galveston when they are dirt cheap in Texas City. 

Just wondering how abundant Ubers are since we will need one to get to the ship and then back to get the car in Texas City after the cruise. 

thanks

• 2 months later...

We have had a change of plans. Our flight home is now 4 hours earlier so after the cruise looking to Uber from the cruise terminal to Houston Airport. How difficult is it to pick up an Uber at the cruise terminal? Do they have a designated place to pick them up or is it a free for all?

thanks

Very easy. The rideshare pickup area is across from the parking lot outside of the terminal. There was a designated area and there are plenty of Uber drivers ready to drive you to the airport. Should be no problem.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

On 10/22/2019 at 4:15 PM, PCWalton1 said:

Hi, so there is my question. Anyone Uber between Galveston and Texas City? We plan to stay in Texas City prior to the cruise. We decided that as we are flying into IAH the evening prior to the cruise and we don't land until 6:20pm. By the time we get into the Galveston area it will be late enough that all we will want to do is get a quick bite then sleep so no reason to pay the high cost of hotels/rental cars in Galveston when they are dirt cheap in Texas City. 

Just wondering how abundant Ubers are since we will need one to get to the ship and then back to get the car in Texas City after the cruise. 

thanks

Hi,

Have you gone on the cruise yet? Just asking as to see how it went for you doing it this way. I’m thinking of renting a car from Hobby Airport and driving to Gaido’s in Galveston to spend the night before the cruise and then returning the car to a rental place in Texas City on Saturday. Would use Uber to get to the terminal then. $50 to rent a car for the day so not to bad imo. 

thanks

3 hours ago, cubbies1980 said:

Hi,

Have you gone on the cruise yet? Just asking as to see how it went for you doing it this way. I’m thinking of renting a car from Hobby Airport and driving to Gaido’s in Galveston to spend the night before the cruise and then returning the car to a rental place in Texas City on Saturday. Would use Uber to get to the terminal then. $50 to rent a car for the day so not to bad imo. 

thanks

No we don't go until August. Our flights have changed so now we are just going to use Uber both ways.