AT&T in the Islands

RocHed11

Hey All, We will be sailing on the Star Princess from LA to Hawaii and back. AT&T is my provider. Do they have a strong signal while the ship is docked at the ports, I'm not too concerned about getting Wi-Fi, I only need about 10 minutes worth of being on line to set my lineups in my Fantasy football league. OK. I know I deserve all the grief I might get. Data usage is not a problem since I'm on wi-fi at home 99% of the time. No chance I will exceed my limit. How close to land can you start receiving a signal. Any information is appreciated.  Thanks

6 hours ago, scottca075 said:

No worries, AT&T is just as bad in HI as it is in CA 🙂

LOL, Understand that!!

Would it be possible to pick up an AT&T signal while on board while sailing from one Island to another?

T

4 hours ago, RocHed11 said:

LOL, Understand that!!

Would it be possible to pick up an AT&T signal while on board while sailing from one Island to another?

T

We're AT&T customers and live in Hawaii. Once you get a ways out of port, you'll lose the signal.

13 hours ago, RocHed11 said:

LOL, Understand that!!

T

Unlikely. You do realize you will be sailing mostly at night, and you are 2 or 3 hours (depending on Daylight Savings Time, which Hawaii doesn't observe) earlier from California. So people on the main land you might be calling will most likely be asleep.