Unlimited Wifi vs Unlimited Wifi w/ streaming

LeesaB

Does wifi calling work with the "unlimited" pkg or do you have to get stream? Reg wifi calling works great on Royal. Have not been on an NCL ship in 20 years. Board Breakaway in 10 days.

Edited by Wilson

On 10/23/2019 at 1:42 PM, LeesaB said:

Is there a difference other than some sites are blocked on the regular unlimited wifi? 

Thanks all.

Very big difference. The speed is throttled on the unlimited. It is not even close to what you get on streaming. On the older ships even with unlimited it is difficult to even get emails. On the new ships the regular unlimited is usuable, but not close to fast enough to stream anything.

This is based on personal experience on both the Gem and Getaway in the past 10 months.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

Very big difference. The speed is throttled on the unlimited. It is not even close to what you get on streaming. On the older ships even with unlimited it is difficult to even get emails. On the new ships the regular unlimited is usuable, but not close to fast enough to stream anything.

This is based on personal experience on both the Gem and Getaway in the past 10 months.

So even if I dont want to Stream, would you reccomend the streaming service for the faster speed? I will be on the GEM in December and have to work a little unfortunately.

On 10/24/2019 at 6:47 PM, MoniMommy said:

So even if I dont want to Stream, would you reccomend the streaming service for the faster speed? I will be on the GEM in December and have to work a little unfortunately.

We got off Gem a week ago today, and with the unlimted package most of the time the Internet was horribe. I even had trouble downloading 500KB email messages.

1 minute ago, zqvol said:

We got off Gem a week ago today, and with the unlimted package most of the time the Internet was horribe. I even had trouble downloading 500KB email messages.

Did you have the unlimited streaming package or just the unlimited package? Thanks