First time cruise with Cunard

Londonpride

Thank you all for your helpful advice and discussion.

May I ask a question on another topic?  Here goes, we are booked in a BD grade balcony cabin and I am a tad concerned about the apparent storage/wardrobe space. Are my eyes deceiving me or is there just one small wardrobe.  Has anyone had experience of this grade of cabin, if so, how would one manage on a 78 day cruise?

12 hours ago, funinhounslow said:

That is certainly an interesting way to look at a share that has lost 40% over the past couple of years...

There’s no such thing as a good price or a bad price. It depends.

Are you buying, or selling?

If you’re buying, do you think the price will go up? Then the price now is good. If you think it will go down, then the price now is bad.

If you’re selling, and the price now is more than you paid, then it’s good. If it’s less, then it’s bad.

The share price is now only a little above what I paid a number of years ago, and the shares are worth , almost to the penny, what the same amount would have been in a standard savings account. BUT in the meantime it’s also paid out about 50% of that value in dividends and shareholder OBC.

It’s all relative. Either to where it’s come from, or where you think it will go to.

Also, when they say a $100 share, paying a $4 dividend, is paying 4%. That’s only true if you buy it today. If you bought it X years ago when it was $10 then it’s really paying 40%!

30 minutes ago, Londonpride said:

Thank you all for your helpful advice and discussion.

May I ask a question on another topic?  Here goes, we are booked in a BD grade balcony cabin and I am a tad concerned about the apparent storage/wardrobe space. Are my eyes deceiving me or is there just one small wardrobe.  Has anyone had experience of this grade of cabin, if so, how would one manage on a 78 day cruise?

On QM2 there is a small wardrobe near the door, than a set of drawers and shelves (also includes the safe and storage for life jackets), then a double door with a larger wardrobe.

We've only done 12 nights (well, two runs of 9 nights separated by a few nights) and it's been adequate for that. If you have more clothing than that I suppose you can store clothing in your suitcase which gets stowed under the bed.

Londonpride,

Very simply, I think you will find the wardrobe storage adequate. Of course that all depends on how much you bring but we were surprised and pleased with the storage space. Don't forget there are free (including detergent) laundry rooms as well as the ships paid laundry service. 

Jack

There is tons of storage in a Cunard cabin.  At least two wardrobes.  Tons of drawers.  Lots of space under the bed for your suitcases containing anything you don’t need for the crossing.  In extremis you can always put your socks and underwear in the safe or the fridge.

Edited by IB2
  • Haha 1

Even with the drawers on QV we didn't have difficulty getting the suitcases under the bed.

QM2 doesn't have those drawers so that's what I'm accustomed to.

The wardrobes on QV & QE aren't as large as on QM2 which is why they added the drawers under the bed. I think the wardrobes are about 2/3 the size of QM2's. Maybe slightly less.

Edited by Underwatr