Spirit in Drydock Pics

RYPERO

Thanks for the great pictures. You are so lucky to be able to take those photos. It would be something to see in person!

Stacy

My job takes me to SF once or twice a week so I get to take them of most of the ships that come into the drydock. I post them on the corresponding boards but typically they just faded to the back pages in a day or two.

I hate to put a damper on this show & tell. But although it appears to be a good picture of Spirit except for some sort of crane in the picture there really is no evidence that anything is being done!!!(I am sure there is!!) but you certainly could not tell it from this pictures!!! Sorry:(

They are union labor. It's not in their contract to pose for pictures. Take it up with the AFL-CIO!

Mark T

I assure that I am not a negative person at all..All I am saying is that you have some nice pic's of Spirit from the outside and looking at your pics there is almost nothing to indecate the work that is going on inside. nor can there be ..I will be on Spirit in late Feb. and I have taken Spirit to Alaska about 2 years ago. So just for the record I probably know a great deal more about Spirit than you do!!!!

Whew, that's an attitude! I bet my Spirit pictures can beat your Spirit pictures!

Mark T

I hate to put a damper on this show & tell. But although it appears to be a good picture of Spirit except for some sort of crane in the picture there really is no evidence that anything is being done!!!(I am sure there is!!) but you certainly could not tell it from this pictures!!! Sorry:(

Well if they're not doing anything why would they be losing so much $$$ not selling cruises. They're probably fixing up the inside. It's out of the water to inspect the hull probably. Do pod overhauls or whatever the propellors are attached to.

What awesome pics!! Took me and my kids down memory lane--we were on her in October/Hawaii. My husband works in a shipyard here in Oregon and he explained a lot of what was going on in those pics. Believe me, they are working on our Spirit!!

I'd love to see the pics. We are going on Spririt in April 07. For some reason, when I get to the site, all I can get is a gray blank area where the pic should be. Does anyone know if there's a certain "plug-in" needed to view pics on this site? It's happened to me before.

Thanks

Ken

I'm new to cruising. What do they do in dry dock. I assume the work on engines, paint hull etc. Do they do work on the cabins, dining room, etc/ Does anyone know what is planned to do on the Spirit? We're taking her this summer to Alaska.

Archived