Escape the Rubicon questions

Ren1216

What's the optimal number of people for Escape the Rubicon?  I have a family group of 7 (ages 49-92) and am wondering if that's too many people at one time.  I have no idea how big the space is or how difficult the puzzle is.  Would it be better to break into 2 smaller groups?

Those who have done it... I'd be interested in your feedback.  Was it fun?  Worthwhile?

4 hours ago, Ren1216 said:

I have a family group of 7 (ages 49-92) and am wondering if that's too many people at one time. 

RCI usually allows up 14 but not sure even if you wanted to, if you could get all 7 of you into one session and if you could, you'll very likely not be alone. There's enough space, difficulty is a bit subjective.

We enjoyed the one on Harmony.  I felt most of the puzzles, aside from the last one, were pretty easy.  People who had only ever done one or 2 escape rooms thought it was hard. 

My wife and I were paired with 5 or 6 other couples, so I would say there were 12 people total.  The room is always the same, so if you split up, someone from your first group could spoil it for your second group.    

The room itself, held a dozen people rather well.  We never felt cramped.  There are archways and the really tall guy in the group had to avoid hitting his head.  You can see what the room looks like on some of the youtube videos.  

Edited by zepp914

I believe they try and book no more than 12 people per session. They decide how many, not you. ex. if you are a group of 7 and they have another group of 5 you will probably be put together. Also take into consideration how busy they are. They want to get as many people through as they can..

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

By whom?

Don’t know the position on the ship of the person organising the Escape the Rubicon but we’ve done it once onboard and it’s the only time we’ve ever done it our group was five persons and we had three more join us the person in charge told us that she thought eight was an ideal number.

We all had a great time and agreed with her afterwards that eight seemed a perfect number.