MSC Seaview - MDR very poor experience

YorkshireGuy

I’m on Seaview right now. Ship is great.

Cruised Princess, P&O, Royal before.

I like the ship ......... but the Dining/bar service is so poor compared to other lines.

We are a large party - 14 of us. They have split us in the MDR despite many requests pre cruise for table together. Our starter took 1hr30 to arrive. We were ignored by wait staff when trying to catch attention. Choices poor. My nieces nut allergy was ignored.

I think they are trying to sell this as an upscale experience. But as we say in the UK - fur coat, no knickers. They need more competent staff and quality meals if this is to be the cruise experience worth paying for. 

Have complained and will try again tonight.... will keep u informed fellow cruisers. As of nOw would never cruise MSC again, lets see if they can make good.....

25 minutes ago, YorkshireGuy said:

I’m on Seaview right now. Ship is great.

Cruised Princess, P&O, Royal before.

I like the ship ......... but the Dining/bar service is so poor compared to other lines.

We are a large party - 14 of us. They have split us in the MDR despite many requests pre cruise for table together. Our starter took 1hr30 to arrive. We were ignored by wait staff when trying to catch attention. Choices poor. My nieces nut allergy was ignored.

I think they are trying to sell this as an upscale experience. But as we say in the UK - fur coat, no knickers. They need more competent staff and quality meals if this is to be the cruise experience worth paying for. 

Have complained and will try again tonight.... will keep u informed fellow cruisers. As of nOw would never cruise MSC again, lets see if they can make good.....

Please try to speak with the Maitre d or head waiter about the food allergy. Also, large groups take much longer to get orders out   But still speak to the head waiter regarding your experience. Hope things improve. 

4 hours ago, YorkshireGuy said:

I think they are trying to sell this as an upscale experience

Interesting, the impression of many US pax is that MSC (other than Yacht Club) is toward the lower end of mass market cruise lines - more akin to Carnival.  Still, 1 1/2 hrs for starters is unacceptable anywhere.  You definitely need to escalate the issue.  Here's hoping they make it right for the rest of your cruise🍽️

That sounds very abnormal.  Definitely must make the maitre’d aware of the situation.  

Nut allergy can be life threatening.

By the way I cruised with a party of 14 or more twice in the past two years and Carnival never accommodated us properly in the dining room despite multiple requests both precruise and throughout.

So pleased to report an upturn in service. We spoke again with manager about moving our party. That could not happen. I’m slightly bemused at this as we have had this cruise booked 18months and clearly MSC will have noted we have children with us.  Hey ho. 

However, pleased to report meals were received on time and hot. My niece’s allergy addressed by a senior waiter, she was provided with the menu for the following day to make nut free choices. We were also checked on by head waiter. So, we left the meal happy and didn’t have to run for the theatre!!! A fantastic turnaround so well done to MSC. Last night was on par with other lines. Well done to them. 

• Like 5