Shore excursions - no car seat

Koali

It will be first time cruising with my daughter who will be 15 months. We usually do shore excursions on our own, either by taxi or preplanned independent tour guide. However now that we have our daughter, how does transportation work while in port? Should I just go with the cruise line excursions since they’ll be on larger buses? We are driving to the port so we don’t need to travel with the car seat. 

You don't want to do a bus cruise line excursion with a baby/toddler - you need flexibility and don't want to be stuck on a bus with a screaming baby.  If we know what your ports are, we can give suggestions.  Or you can post on the ports of call boards here and ask.  Depending on the port, you can hire a guide with a car seat, walk with your stroller, rent a car with a car seat, take a boat tour from the port, etc.  Since you're driving to the port, you can bring the car seat and hire a guide in each port like you usually do - that's the ultimate way to sightsee with a little one.  You can leave the car seat in their car/van while you explore and you can choose your own baby-friendly itinerary.  

San Juan -likely just walking around since we arrive late in the afternoon 

st kitts

st lucia

barbados

Antigua 

st Thomas 

I initially didn’t think to bring the car seat because it’s bulky but I guess we could keep it in the bathroom when on the ship. 

18 hours ago, Koali said:

I initially didn’t think to bring the car seat because it’s bulky but I guess we could keep it in the bathroom when on the ship. 

get a $40 Cosco Scenera NEXT since your kid is only 15 months old. It's not bulky or big and can be perched on the front or back of the stroller. Install with the seat belt and a locking clip or latch if the car is equipped. Or Evenflo Tribute. Both are very short lived, but make a good travel seat until about 2-3 years depending on the kid's height.

20131030-115357.jpg

kWlMJX4LlBn0diSHW3psarp13ugNuki4_lg.jpg

images.jpg

1daa2c7045f4772e756df20629b0410c.jpg