Navigator Grand Suite #1256 on 10th Floor

I don’t know about other cabins, but whatever you do, do NOT book Grand Suite #1256 on the 10th floor of Navigator OTS.  We had that room on Navigator this weekend and it’s the worst room we’ve ever had on a cruise ship.  It was more like Motel 6 than a suite.

The bathroom drains had a sewage smell coming out of them.  There was a totally different old worn out looking faucet on each of the 2 sinks.  Neither sink drain could be closed.  One of the 2 faucets could only be turned from warm water to hot water, it would not turn towards the cold side at all.  
‘The dead bolt on the cabin door could NOT be locked when you were sleeping because the door was all warped inside around the bolt area.  The TV was sitting down on a table instead of hanging on the wall.  The drapes along the sliding glass door to the balcony kept falling off their track on 1 side and kept falling down every time we’d close them even though our room attendant kept putting them back in the track.  The track for the curtain that separates the bedroom from the living room areas of the suite would come off the ceiling if you pulled the curtain more than halfway closed.

We had another cruise booked on Navigator for June 1-5, 2020, and we CANCELLED that cruise today when we got home because we don’t want to take the chance of getting such a horrible room again on that ship for all the money a suite costs.  
We also changed ourselves and 9 other family members from a July 19, 2020 cruise on Freedom to a cruise for the same week on Harmony instead ... because none of our family members have ever been on a cruise before and we’re afraid the rooms on another “amplified/refurbished” ship might be just as bad as what we had this weekend and we don’t our family’s  first experience with cruising to be in a suite like we had this weekend.

• Like 1

These problems must be very specific to room 1256.  In August, my wife and I were in room 1582 on the Navigator, a similarly configured GS but on the Port Side, and everything was in perfect order.  Perhaps, the people who occupied 1256 in the cruise before yours drank too much and did some damage to the cabin.  I would guess that the cabin attendant saw that there was damage but it could not be fixed in the five hours between the time that the previous occupants left at 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM, the time the room had to be ready for you, and there were almost certainly no empty suites to move you to.  Unfortunately, since Royal Caribbean ships never sail with empty Grand Suites, that can always happen no matter how hard the cruise line tries to enforce rules against people being unruly.  It could happen on the Harmony too.

Not just limited to 1256. I was not in a GS, but in a JS on deck 10 cabin 1694. It was not in good shape. The doors to the round cabinet where the mini fridge is..below the TV were falling off the hinges. Both sides only being secured with the upper hinge, and it go to the point where I was not going to keep trying to keep it in place. Carpet and couch were worn pretty badly, and the tub/shower just didn't feel very clean, even though I am sure it was.

• Like 1

We sailed Mariner after it was Amped and the cabin was nothing special. I didn’t make that mistake when we sailed Navigator and booked one of the new cabins that they added. I didn’t want to sail in an old and dated cabin. 1106 is an amazing choice for a Junior Suite. I knew that I would have been mad had I spent so much money and got a raggedy GS. 

• Like 1

We have done grand suites on navigator 3 times last time was 2 years ago,  never had one thing wrong . Had similar issues with a celebrity suite on infinity earlier this year. Did you bring these issues to concierge or anybody else at rccl.