Zaandam TV question

CraigsterCC

Hi - we are going for a cruise on HAL's Zaandam soon - has anybody been in the last year or so who can tell me if the TV in the room has a DVD player, or has on demand movies. It seems older ships have the DVD player and upgraded ones have the on demand movies - but if it still has the DVD player I can bring along my favourite box set to watch on rainy days - but not if it has been upgraded to on demand movies and doesn't have a DVD player.

thanks.

In case you don't get a more definitive answer, my guess is that the DVDs are still there.  

HERE IS a picture of 2687 taken Sep 2018 which appears to show a DVD box below the TV.  The last dry-dock was Apr 2018, so unless they are replacing the TVs with new gradually, my bet would be that the DVDs will be there until the next dry-dock in Apr 2020.

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1

A DVD player was in our ocean view cabin this past February. 

The list of available movies available to check out from guest services is quite extensive, but we found not all of the DVD's were in great condition. My husband usually checked out 3 at a time to hopefully get at least one that would play. 

• Like 1

Sailed on Zaandam in July. The DVD players are still there. Ours worked great and the do have a lot of ends to choose from. You can borrow 2 discs at a time (didn't know this too 1\2 way thru our cruise ☺) and I don't think they were ever out of a disc we requested. I believe you can even call and they'll deliver them to your cabin. We found it just as convenient to grab new discs when returning the old. We like to wind down from the days activities watching a movie in bed before going to sleep.