pre-cruise OBC with 2 accounts

royalcruz

2 people are cruising in one cabin with $150 pp OBC  (that's how it is on the confirmation) through GOBETTER. Pre-cruise, they have already spent about $250, and one guest already spent about $48 dollars more than the other, spending $2 more than her share of the $150.  They are going to be using 2 separate credit cards.

Is the remaining OBC automatically evenly divided into 2 accts onboard? 

If so, can they go to guest relations and have it all immediately moved over to the guest who should be getting it? (Immediately would be best so that they can start using their credit right away without any confusion).

If one has been able to spend $152, it sounds like they both have access to the total $300. If that's the case, I suspect that registering two separate credit cards won't result in a splitting of the OBC balance. My suggestion would be to have the overspender stop using the OBC to pay for anything and to pay the cabin mate $2.

Just go to Guest Relations and ask them to distribute the OBC however you wish.

The person who is giving up his/her share must authorize it, of course.

Passengers do this all the time so the Guest Relations employees are very familiar with the procedure.

I usually need to go and redistribute OBC - one of the secrets to our long marriage is keep our finances separate - we never fight over money. 😉  We always have separate accounts and they often distribute the OBC in a strange way - sometimes he gets it all or I will get it all or part of it. I had some OBC put in through my credit card reward one time (my name only) and they put it under his account. I always go to Guest Relations and set it straight - it is very quick.

Don't worry about it not showing up right away - OBC may not show up immediately. They will charge your account when you purchase something and then credit it once the OBC is added so by the end of the cruise it is a wash.

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I usually need to go and redistribute OBC - one of the secrets to our long marriage is keep our finances separate - we never fight over money. 😉  We always have separate accounts and they often distribute the OBC in a strange way - sometimes he gets it all or I will get it all or part of it. I had some OBC put in through my credit card reward one time (my name only) and they put it under his account. I always go to Guest Relations and set it straight - it is very quick.

Don't worry about it not showing up right away - OBC may not show up immediately. They will charge your account when you purchase something and then credit it once the OBC is added so by the end of the cruise it is a wash.

Thank you! That is very reassuring! This is a stateroom in my group, so I'll make sure they know what to do. I put 2 of my friends who've never met in a room together and this happened because the primary passenger thought they each had $300. I think she got confused because she was originally going to be single occupancy, so she would have had all of the OBC. 

• Like 1