Miami Beach SB hotels

Gallivanting Souls

I presently have two hotels booked

Residence Inn Miami Beach South Beach 

Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach

We will be arriving on Friday night before departing on a cruise Saturday. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at either hotel? Please chime in on pros and cons of either. I have read the reviews on TripAdvisor.

I see that Courtyard is not getting as good of reviews (rudeness, loud). They also do not have free breakfast of any sort. For two rooms CY is $63.84 less. 

Residence Inn has a resort fee of $22. Says it's for shuttle to beach, bikes, water, etc. Not necessarily going to use any of that. They do have free breakfast. Will use that. 

Our plan is to Uber from airport in FLL. Flight lands about 1:30 PM. Check in and either use the Residence Inn shuttle (or Uber/lyft to the beach to see the cruise ships pass by south pointe and watch the sun set. Then, we will find a place for dinner, and then hit Total Wine and Target before heading back to hotel. 

Let's hear what you have to say!

If it were me, I'd stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami.  You can Uber to the hotel from FLL.  You can see the ships from your hotel and watch them sail away if you wish.  There are plenty of places to eat at Bayside Marketplace or you can take a quick Uber or taxi to other places within a few blocks.  Plenty of drugstores and a Wholefood's store within walking distance.

I agree, although SB is happening depending on where you are at it does get very busy. We stayed at a SB hotel one time and the staff encouraged us to keep the balcony doors closed or we wouldn't be able to sleep. We also love the Intercontinental as well, and there are plenty of food choices around there as well. By the way you realize the the sun sets in the West and Miami is on the east coast?

I'm so glad the OP ASKED about the Intercontinental.

OP, the Courtyard has a much better location than the Residence Inn.  Don't let the lack of breakfast deter you because there is a McDonalds is right down the street.

I love the Courtyard Marriott.  It has a really cool rooftop pool and unlike most South Beach hotels, it was built new so has larger, soundproof rooms.

I would take the reviews with a grain of salt.  The CM is a great hotel in a great South Beach location.

Are you driving?  If so use the city parking garages.  If fllying take the $2.85 direst bus from the airport.

• Like 1