HARMONY OF THE SEAS SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS

I think I've read that the price is the same (online v. on board) with the exception of when the gratuity is added.  Example:  For my upcoming January sailing on Harmony, Chops would cost $49.99 via my Cruise Planner (RCI website), which includes gratuity.  If I wait and book on board, I'll pay $49.99 + $9.00 (18% gratuity) = $58.99. 

So if you can view the prices via your Cruise Planner, just at 18% for the on board price.  If this is wrong, someone please correct me.

Edited to add:  This seems to only apply to specialty dining.  Drink packages, internet, and excursion prices seem to vary with no rhyme or reason.

Edited by Ren1216

I was just on the Adventure and the first day while eating lunch a guy was pushing/selling a 2 night speciality restaurant deal for $65. I thought it was a good deal for 2 nights at Chops for $65 total. I usually ignore those deals but I am curious if that might be offered on the Harmony.

11 minutes ago, Dork42775 said:

I was just on the Adventure and the first day while eating lunch a guy was pushing/selling a 2 night speciality restaurant deal for $65. I thought it was a good deal for 2 nights at Chops for $65 total. I usually ignore those deals but I am curious if that might be offered on the Harmony.

No way of knowing.  It will depend on how many packages and single reservations they sold before the cruise and whether they have met their targets.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No way of knowing.  It will depend on how many packages and single reservations they sold before the cruise and whether they have met their targets.

Exactly.  I just read a review yesterday (recent Harmony western sailing) that the Specialty restaurants were really booked up.  So much so that the Unlimited Dining participants were pretty unhappy with the trouble they were having getting in.  If this is the case, seems they are having no trouble filling the venues and we may not see any deals like that.  Totally unpredictable.

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Do the Cruise Planner pages list the onboard prices?

I don't think so Bob but since I have never bought on board, I don't know.  However, cruise planner gives you an idea of what to expect the price to be.  Recently purchased Unlimited Dining for an April cruise.  Started by checking the planner prices for each restaurant and then comparing prices to other offers, ie. 3 night and thought it was a huge advantage to buy the Unlimited  Only have about 36 cruises and have never been asked to buy a dining package while on ship and haven't a clue why.  Must not hang out in the right areas of the ship.

Grace

9 hours ago, Ren1216 said:

Exactly.  I just read a review yesterday (recent Harmony western sailing) that the Specialty restaurants were really booked up.  So much so that the Unlimited Dining participants were pretty unhappy with the trouble they were having getting in.  If this is the case, seems they are having no trouble filling the venues and we may not see any deals like that.  Totally unpredictable.

We were just on Harmony Oct. 20 with a western sailing and UDP and party of 7.  We made all our reservations for the week shortly after we boarded and had no issues getting exactly what we wanted.  We changed a couple of our reservations later in the week with no issues.  Only restaurant that seemed to be pretty much booked was Chops but we still got in one night.

10 minutes ago, orkaren1 said:

We were just on Harmony Oct. 20 with a western sailing and UDP and party of 7.  We made all our reservations for the week shortly after we boarded and had no issues getting exactly what we wanted.  We changed a couple of our reservations later in the week with no issues.  Only restaurant that seemed to be pretty much booked was Chops but we still got in one night.

Great to know!  Thanks for this info.