Dining Waitlist and FTTF Question

sunonfire

I have 6.00 seating on my cruise in January. My son and his family are waitlisted for the 6.00 seating. We have made our final payments for the cruise. The cruise has very limited cabins showing as available. We all bought FTTF.  This is what is detailed for FTTF dining.

Dining Reservations
Priority dinner time assignment in the Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.
Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

My question — When  do you think he will be notified that he has 6.00 seating? Our cabins are linked. I was going to contact my TA but was hoping the change would happen automatically. This. Is the first time anyone in my family was waitlisted on Carnival so I’m not sure how this would work out.

We were waitlisted for our Dec. cruise, except we were waitlisted for YTD and were first assigned to Late dining. We got notification that we were switched to YTD not long before our final payment date.

With FTTF, he will get moved up the waitlist ahead of non-priority passengers, but even then, there's no guarantee it'll happen automatically. If they do switch him automatically, one of you should be notified (whoever has the account/made the booking). If you're not notified, he'll find out for sure which one he's assigned to during check-in on embarkation day. One of you can email the maitre d' of your ship and request the change, but there's no guarantee they'll grant the request. And if they do, they don't always respond back to you in email. The maitre d's email address will depend on which ship you're sailing. Or, the maitre d' will also be available at some point on embarkation day. If they aren't assigned to Early dining like y'all want, you can meet with them and put in your request then. If they are able to make the change on embarkation day, there's a good chance it won't take affect until night two.

Thank you for the information. I was planning on contacting the maitre d because we wanted a specific table. Also the first night will not be an issue because we will be dining at the steakhouse. I will just feel better when we get this settled.

• Like 1

Curious as to the same.  I normally check-in the day it opens up, but didn't because we didn't know for sure who was going to be in our room so I waited and the only thing they had was late dining and it has a wait list.  We prefer late dining, so no problem there, but if we don't get it does that mean we just go whenever and potentially wait and have our servers change night to night?

I'm glad you mentioned FTTF, since we have it and I forgot that we got priority for dining.

2 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Curious as to the same.  I normally check-in the day it opens up, but didn't because we didn't know for sure who was going to be in our room so I waited and the only thing they had was late dining and it has a wait list.  We prefer late dining, so no problem there, but if we don't get it does that mean we just go whenever and potentially wait and have our servers change night to night?

I'm glad you mentioned FTTF, since we have it and I forgot that we got priority for dining.

You don't have to wait until check-in to choose your dining preference.  For future reference.

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

You don't have to wait until check-in to choose your dining preference.  For future reference.

It may have asked at booking, and we'd have chosen late, but it didn't show a preference marked at check-in.

Same thing happened on a previous booking in regard to sleeping arrangement.  Chose one thing at booking, but at check-in it showed separated beds.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, Jamesatgsu said:

It may have asked at booking, and we'd have chosen late, but it didn't show a preference marked at check-in.

Same thing happened on a previous booking in regard to sleeping arrangement.  Chose one thing at booking, but at check-in it showed separated beds.

There seemed to be a glitch (maybe still is) that whenever a payment was made it switched the bed arrangement from king to 2 singles.

• Like 1