Free Air question Ticketed 86 days out

jgris90

12 hours ago, jgris90 said:

Hi, 

received an email that our air tickets were issued 86 days before our cruise.....worried with the timing and missing the cruise .....is it possible to get a deviation now that we have been ticketed? 

I’ve heard that you can only do deviations before the air tickets are booked. To find out for sure, you’ll need to call NCL. 

Best to call. You have to pay for deviation and if the tickets are already issued, that will be a problem as new tickets would need to be issued and that will cost also. Don't think it is doable.

That said, why are you worried about the flights? Since you booked with NCL, they will get you to the ship. Guaranteed.

1 hour ago, jdvmd said:

Best to call. You have to pay for deviation and if the tickets are already issued, that will be a problem as new tickets would need to be issued and that will cost also. Don't think it is doable.

That said, why are you worried about the flights? Since you booked with NCL, they will get you to the ship. Guaranteed.

Call as said if your worried .. It is bizarre to be honest how many times NCL  seem to tkt connections with almost impossible transfer times especially when a terminal change is involved. But TBF its hard to judge without any details - some airports with single terminals or good airside transport between are fine, others though where you have to leave airside are physically impossible even before you factor in delays or weather.

A gurantee sometimes that "we guarantee to get you there" is useless when they get you there midway through your cruise - stress you out - etc

Edited by ighten

On 10/31/2019 at 8:45 AM, jgris90 said:

Hi, 

received an email that our air tickets were issued 86 days before our cruise.....worried with the timing and missing the cruise .....is it possible to get a deviation now that we have been ticketed? 

You have me worried.  We are currently 85 days out and when I go to vacation summary on NCL it does show airport abbreviations for a connecting flight on the trip to and from our cruise location.  No flight numbers, no times and no airlines listed.  I called the general customer service number and they reassured me that our flights have not been booked and would not be booked until 40 to 45 days out.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

7 hours ago, minn55441 said:

You have me worried.  We are currently 85 days out and when I go to vacation summary on NCL it does show airport abbreviations for a connecting flight on the trip to and from our cruise location.  No flight numbers, no times and no airlines listed.  I called the general customer service number and they reassured me that our flights have not been booked and would not be booked until 40 to 45 days out.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

Was told the same thing and the rep assured me that the airports show up but they are only a place holder.  For example, we are returning from BCN to JFK and it currently shows BCN-MAD-JFK.  That could very well turn out to be the case (which is OK) but could also change to nonstop.  No flight numbers listed.  We were also told 40-45 days out to be firmed up.

On 11/1/2019 at 7:36 PM, jdvmd said:

NO. There is no guarantee you will board the ship.  What they guarantee is they will assist you which can be a negative over going directly.    

They are acting ting as a booking agent.  They can’t bring planes for you out of the garage. If you run into cancellations or delays.  

I know of many people who missed their ship with cruise air. One was a transatlantic with at least 20 on the roll call.   Only 1 bailed out and left early as I suggested due to a predicted storm front.   And likely canceled flights.  

People really thought the cruise line would preform miracles and get them there  -well none of them made it.   

• Like 1

Problem Solved ... well not really!

I spoke with NCL Directly ... there policy is you can deviate up to 65 days prior to sailing......... So we went through all the ropes to do that and in the end they came back and said "" I have never seen anyone ticketed this early and because you are ticketed you cannot deviate " .......Lucky us !

Anyways  its really a gamble because there could also be a storm the day before and we could miss that flight and loose on the hotel also . 

Best suggestion is to just watch the weather and if a storm is predicted to leave before it starts 

I was concerned about my incoming flight landing at 2:30 and having to be on the ship by 4pm (New York City and construction at LaGuardia was a nightmare).

The first rep said that I cannot change my flight without paying $200.

The second rep (I called the following day) was sympathetic and changed my landing time up to 11:45am with no fee.

So, you might have some luck.

• Like 1