Anageda

lg rover

We are cruising to Tortola in March on the Zuiderdam. Wondering if anyone has gone to Anageda. I have heard it is beautiful. We will be in Tortola from 7-5pm. I guess we would ferry over from west end. Thanks

Not sure of any ferries from Tortola to Anegada. You can fly there from Beef Island (Tortola airport).

I caught a boat from Bitter End Yacht Club to Anegada, but BEYC is on Virgin Gorda at the northern tip.

I thought the snorkeling at Loblolly Bay was great and enjoyed lunch at Big Bamboo. At certain times of the year there is a rip current, however.

Anegada is well known for lobster.

http://www.bvitourism.com/anegada

There is no ferry from Tortola to Anegada, as stated in the other post, you can fly there from the airport on Beef Island (about a 14/15 minute flight) Unlike the other islands in the BVI, Anegada is very flat, it has a small population, beautiful beaches. The most popular and well known is Loblolly Beach, you'll find the Big Bamboo restuarant and bar there. Another spot (which I prefer) is Cow Wreck beach which also has a small beach bar that serves food. For lobster try the Anagada Reef Hotel or Neptune's Treasure.

Archived