Cancel & rebook when cruise price drops?

cruisin07family

We like to book early.  We booked our summer 2020 Epic cruise a while ago so we have plenty of time to cancel now that the total cruise for the same large balcony cabin is $700 less.  We used two cruise next vouchers for the deposit when we booked online directly thru NCL.  Is there any downside to cancelling and rebooking?  How can I accomplish this and hopefully get the same cabin I initially chose?  Will calling NCL be the best option?  I don't have an agent to my knowledge.  I usually book everything online.  Looking for opinions since many of you cruise way more often and have much more knowledge than me.  Thanks.

EZPY.  Just call NCL and tell them you want to cancel and rebook at the lower rate.  They'll keep your same reservation number and cabin assignment.  By rebooking, you'll lose your original perks and get the current ones.  You should be sure that you're OK with any perk changes before you commit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisin07family said:

We like to book early.  We booked our summer 2020 Epic cruise a while ago so we have plenty of time to cancel now that the total cruise for the same large balcony cabin is $700 less.  We used two cruise next vouchers for the deposit when we booked online directly thru NCL.  Is there any downside to cancelling and rebooking?  How can I accomplish this and hopefully get the same cabin I initially chose?  Will calling NCL be the best option?  I don't have an agent to my knowledge.  I usually book everything online.  Looking for opinions since many of you cruise way more often and have much more knowledge than me.  Thanks.

You don't have to cancel and rebook to get the new price. Contact NCL directly and they will reprice for you.