Questions from a newbie

brandy3415

New to MSC but not new to cruising--first cruise all the way back in 1970!  We booked a basic balcony cabin in Bella class knowing some things but obviously not all.  I fully get the picture on how cruise ships make money.  It would just help to be prepared, not shocked when we find out what "extras" we are charged for.

Q1--Coffee.   For breakfast or dinner in MDR, is there a charge?  Likewise tea?  (although I bring my own teabags)

Q2--Water--Is there a charge for water in MDR?  Is the bottled water plain drinking water or mineral water?

Q3-Do they still sell wine packages in MDR?  Does anyone have a wine list, preferably for Meraviglia?

Q4-Is there a full room service breakfast (eggs, etc) or just continental?   Charge for that is........?

Thanks to all who are so generous in responding to posts like this one!

Edited by brandy3415
typo

Q1- Breakfast no charge. No coffee or tea in the MDR for dinner unless you can convince your waiter to go to the next bar to get it for you. 

Q2- Depends on many things :)

Q3- The wine packages were great, but they have all been discontinued last year. 

Q4- Only continental. There is a delivery charge for you, not worth to use this service is my opinion. 

Sailing from Miami on Meraviglia. 

What does the response "it depends on many things" mean?  And I seriously need to know if it is mineral water, spring water or just plain drinking water. 

I know cruise lines discontinued wine packages when "drink packages" came to be, and they obviously sell well.  We drink only wine so a package does not make sense.

s

16 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

What does the response "it depends on many things" mean?  And I seriously need to know if it is mineral water, spring water or just plain drinking water. 

It depends on your nationality or better said which MSC country site you made the booking and which route the ship is taking. Surely somebody who is on the Meraviglia right now can answer this, me not. When I sailed the Meraviglia in the Med US pax got free mineral water in bottles, but that was probably because there were only a handful of them.

21 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

I know cruise lines discontinued wine packages when "drink packages" came to be, and they obviously sell well.  We drink only wine so a package does not make sense.

Yes, the game is lost, we are in the same situation as we drink only wine, water and coffee. All drinks packages - no matter if premium or not - are useless for people like us. 

4 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

Thanks.  I will have to think about how to deal with this as "mineral water" is a no-no for me and my husband hates it.

Oh, I am quite sure you can just ask for a pitcher of water.