Symphony Suite-lots of questions-please help newbie

JSR

20 hours ago, JSR said:

In the Crown Loft Suite:

Are there 1 or 2 hair dryers?

What type are they?

Are they any good or should we bring our own?

Thank you

they are decent but I believe you have to hold the button down so that might be a pain. if you are really attached to you dryer then bring it

On 11/3/2019 at 4:37 PM, JSR said:

@ Sandbeach- you are correct. We are Sky. My mistake

Though legally they have to give us the Star benefits because they do not offer an ADA option in that category. I have found in the past that it is usually not worth the hassle to have them do this. In this case I will make the phone calls but will not expect it. As this is a vacation and does not warrant a lot f time and hassle. 

So for now please base your answers on us being Sky class. 

Star benefits include a Genie. If they give you that, it will likely impact the actual STAR Class suites. 

Edited by John&LaLa

There is an elevator on the starboard side of deck 16. You do have to ask the deck attendant to use it, as it is a dedicated crew elevator. They use it to bring towels and bar supplies up there 

This is the door on Harmony,  but Symphony is similar 

20181004_192455.thumb.jpg.84bf0814d69afe4a2a11a4d5b2f4f091.jpg

I sure you will love the ship and entertainment , but really prefer suite perks on celebrity, much prefer food and service in luminae over CK, also suite lounge on rccl has poor choice of wine , drinks like scotch and vodka are only available for about 4 hours in evenings, not like all day on celebrity. 

As one person just mentioned. There is a crew elevator that can be used to access the suite sun deck. You must have a crew member with you to use this.

When we were on Harmony with my father (could not walk stairs), it took a half day of going through guest services and management to finally get an answer and offer of assistance (the first few people said there was no way to access without walking up stairs). 

@johnandlala and @fkhokie - thank you for the elevator information. Can I just grab any staff person, or do I need to go through guest services or the suite concierge? Is this elevator located forward on Deck 16? Where and how do I find the elevator, I can not tell from the photo where it is located. 

@GeorgeC thank you for the heads up about the suite perks. They seem rather limited compared to Celebrity, of course there are twice as many people. Keeping expectations low, as well as a sense of humor is our mantra for this cruise. 

Thank you all for your help.  It is appreciated.