Mariner, October 22nd to November 1st

forevertravel

My sister and I just returned from 10 wonderful days on the Mariner. After reading some posts from passengers who cruised the week before I was wondering if things had changed. Not at all. The Mariner was as I remembered it but spruced up after dry dock. The cabin is in a nice blue color. I know many crew members and it was wonderful to reconnect. The food was as good as always and we did have a few special dinners that were excellent. The GM was Michael Coghlan whom I met for first time. I know some of the other GMs but had never cruised with him. We had dinner one night and he was delightful. The new restaurant manager, Nino Libassi came from Oceania and is one of the best restaurant managers. Although we don't cruise with Regent for the entertainment I didn't think it was bad. I thought the singers and dancers were fair. Paul Reynolds and John did a fine job. Nicola Richards (we have cruised with her) was all over the place making sure people had fun. We had three fun parties and danced every night with the Dynamic Duo, Kasia and Boogie. She's phenomenal and will be on Splendor next year.  It was another wonderful Regent cruise and I have a hard time understanding some of the criticisms. Yes, Regent is not for everyone and we all like different things. To me, Regent is the perfect cruise line. This was my sister's first Regent cruise (we originally were going to Cuba) and she loved every minute. My husband and I will be back on the Mariner in December and I'm looking forward to seeing those friends again.

Forevertravel

• Like 2

7 hours ago, forevertravel said:

My sister and I just returned from 10 wonderful days on the Mariner. After reading some posts from passengers who cruised the week before I was wondering if things had changed. Not at all. The Mariner was as I remembered it but spruced up after dry dock. The cabin is in a nice blue color. I know many crew members and it was wonderful to reconnect. The food was as good as always and we did have a few special dinners that were excellent. The GM was Michael Coghlan whom I met for first time. I know some of the other GMs but had never cruised with him. We had dinner one night and he was delightful. The new restaurant manager, Nino Libassi came from Oceania and is one of the best restaurant managers. Although we don't cruise with Regent for the entertainment I didn't think it was bad. I thought the singers and dancers were fair. Paul Reynolds and John did a fine job. Nicola Richards (we have cruised with her) was all over the place making sure people had fun. We had three fun parties and danced every night with the Dynamic Duo, Kasia and Boogie. She's phenomenal and will be on Splendor next year.  It was another wonderful Regent cruise and I have a hard time understanding some of the criticisms. Yes, Regent is not for everyone and we all like different things. To me, Regent is the perfect cruise line. This was my sister's first Regent cruise (we originally were going to Cuba) and she loved every minute. My husband and I will be back on the Mariner in December and I'm looking forward to seeing those friends again.

Forevertravel

It was our pleasure to dine with you and your sister at the GM's table!  I agree that Mariner looks fantastic since the dry dock.  Everything was up to high standards except dinner at Prime 7 surprisingly, but considering the number of meals we had while aboard they are still showing excellence in all levels of service on this and the other ships!

Forevertravel, and shemansl, 

I'm so glad that you had a great cruise. 

I'm also pleased that you enjoy Kasia and Boogie, they are my favorite lounge performers on any cruise line that I have been on. Looking forward to seeing them on the Splendor next year. 

Bob

Shemansi, it was a pleasure to meet you and dine at GM's table. We loved the ice wine you recommended. We dined twice at Prime 7 and had excellent meals. I'm sorry yours was not so good. I guess they were off. I love Neal, RM, he's such a delightful person. We are now looking forward to Rio and Amazon. We board December 17th so not that far away. Maybe we'll cruise together again in the future.