$10.80 Drink Package Upgrade

vatofla2009

Not positive, but it is likely a 10% off sale. Normal upgrade is $10/pp/night + 20% gratuity. So, a 10% savings would be .9 * $10 * 1.2 = $10.80

That's my guess, but I have no inside information. My wife would say I have no information, but we'll leave that for another day.

It's hard to tell if that includes the gratuity, but it may. It is usually $12/day to upgrade ($10 + 20% grat = $2). If you start the purchase, it will add the gratuity before you pay, if not already included. It would be great to save a few $$.

18 minutes ago, vatofla2009 said:

We sail Friday on the Silhouette. I noticed  in the cruise planner the upgrade to Premium is $10.80 per person per day. Is that with gratuity? If so it’s a $7.20 savings time over booking onboard.

Where do you see the option to upgrade your drink package?  I can never seem to be able to do that on line. 

Just checked my next cruise (end of the month), they raised the price of upgrading from $10 per day to  @12 per day plus grats.

They also have upgrading to the new Drinks and More for $21 per day.

Weird, just spoke to Captains Club and the online upgrade price of $12 includes the gratuity. Was never like that, was always listed as $10 plus grats. Rep had no idea why they changed it.

Edited by oneputt18

1 hour ago, Josie201 said:

Where do you see the option to upgrade your drink package?  I can never seem to be able to do that on line. 

You can do it if your classic package perk is listed in your order history.  If it's not there, you can call and ask that they add your perks, and then you'll be able to upgrade before the cruise.

38 minutes ago, oneputt18 said:

Weird, just spoke to Captains Club and the online upgrade price of $12 includes the gratuity. Was never like that, was always listed as $10 plus grats. Rep had no idea why they changed it.

This is correct, but when checking out your basket in CP, the gratuities are still shown separately from the "actual" upgrade, ie. for a 7-night cruise it shows 70$ for the upgrade and 14$ for gratuities = 84$ total.

Seems to be a very recent change in CP.