Ship time vs Cabo time

tulipcityfamily

Daylight savings time is March 8. Mexico's system is different and not tied to the US.

Most ships and cruise lines move their ship time to local time. Carnival is the only one that is frequently known for being out of sync...at some ports...vs port time. But, as you didn't specify cruise line or ship, so we can't give you a final answer.

We went around that same time last year, it wasn't a problem.  But then again, we were with Norwegian, so it sounds like that would make a difference.  We had a short stay in Cabo, so I couldn't do a long one anyway, I'd just stick to ones where it likely won't be an issue.  We did this whalewatching one (right time in March), it was one of the best excursions we've ever done, and made it in plenty of time walking (had to hustle off the ship and water taxi would have been faster): https://www.buccaneerloscabos.com/watching.html 

Thank you for the recommendation, but our port time is 10am to 7pm. I am looking at a whale watch tour from Whale Watch Cabo. The departure times are 12 and 3 for a 2 1/2 hour tour. I would prefer the 12 time, which is why I’m asking about if there is a difference between ship time and Cabo time. 

16 hours ago, Richardsk2011 said:

It’ll be an hour different.

we went last year for spring break and we’re going on the panorama with you on 3/14.

ship time will be 1 hour different then port time in Mazatlan/PV

Thank you for clarifying the time difference. I’m guessing Cabo time is 1 hour ahead of ship time. Is this correct?