Drink Package Question

SKrauss

19 minutes ago, SKrauss said:

Are shots included in the Deluxe Beverage Package? If so, can you order a shot and a beer? Does Royal cut you off like Carnival? 

Yes, shots are included.  I’ve been able to get a shot and beer, but it will depend on the bartender.  Royal doesn’t have a drink cap but I’ve still seen them cut off those that get “out of hand”.

1 hour ago, SKrauss said:

Are shots included in the Deluxe Beverage Package? If so, can you order a shot and a beer? Does Royal cut you off like Carnival? 

My husband ordered double shots regularly.  Like, a double shot of Tito's vodka with a splash of lime or with a splash of 7up.

I don't ever know of a time when they physically gave him two drinks at a time... I can't imagine that but there would be no reason for him to order two drinks at a time.  He does not drink beer. 

My husband got more than his money's worth.... A LOT more.... he was never cutoff but then again, he was never a sloppy drunk.

• Like 1

Most of my many cruises with package I was not able to order a double , just one cruise allowed them. Not a big deal you can come back in a few minutes and get another shot or just go to another bar and get another shot. Tipping does help , have had some bartenders pour me a huge cognac.

You will probably not be able to get a shot & a beer at the same time. However, you can order 1 drink and then say 10 mins. later order the other drink and you should be fine.

Unlike Carnival that caps the daily drink consumption at 15 drinks, RCCL allows you to drink as many varied drinks as you like as long as you don't get out of hand.

Generally should be no issue. Unlike Carnival, there are no official time limits or number of drinks per day limits, so RC is a lot more flexible. Personally, I would start by getting to know your bartender(s) and then working your way up to two at a time.

• Like 1

Wife also gets package so when I want a double I just give them both cards and tell them put them in one glass. Only on one cruise a few years ago on navigator they told me two cards were not needed for a double. Agree no limit on number of drinks .