Shore X credit vs price reduction

disneylover89

My cruise went down an additional $80 per person.  We have 2 cabins and 4 people so that would be a savings of $160 per cabin.  I believe if I call in for the reduction, I will lose the additional $50 per port shore excursion credit which would total $200.  I will be able to keep my Lattitudes discount and extra point per night.  Should I take the price reduction or keep the shore excursion credit? I'm guessing I should take the price reduction but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

1 hour ago, disneylover89 said:

I believe if I call in for the reduction, I will lose the additional $50 per port shore excursion credit which would total $200. 

A total of $200 per cabin? Or $100 per cabin?  How many ports, and are you certain someone from each cabin will take an NCL shorex in each of the ports? 

39 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

A total of $200 per cabin? Or $100 per cabin?  How many ports, and are you certain someone from each cabin will take an NCL shorex in each of the ports? 

It would be 4 ports.  $200 per cabin.  (I have 2 , $50 shoreX perks, would lose one of them)

Now thinking I will leave it for now.  If we don't do  all 4 excursions, we only lose out on $10 per cabin

Edited by disneylover89

We are in the same boat for our Alaskan  cruise on the Joy in May. We decided to take to $160 drop in price and lose our extra shore excursion credit of $50 per port. We have 6 Balconies and one 2 bedroom Haven ( went down $480 ) That qualified for the Latitudes discounts and 6 balconies that did not( so they basically broke even ). We took the money now as we have had excursions canceled in ports and received no credit. We have 2 Norwegian excursions booked and 2 non Norwegian in 2 ports. We will look at private vendors for our last 2 ports.

Edited by beanie315
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, beanie315 said:

We decided to take to $160 drop in price and lose our extra shore excursion credit of $50 per port.

I think the bird in the hand approach is wise. Not only may ports be missed, but imho experience, private tours, with small groups, are generally preferable to ship’s tours with 50 of your newest friends. 

Have a great trip! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beanie315 said:

And I noticed today that our cabins have increased in price by $100 ( $80  for latitudes members }

Our Alaskan cruise on the Sun for 2020 also went back up and without the $50 shore ex promo. Seems that we may have locked in a price and promo when it bottomed out. I will be watching closely where it goes from here. .....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Less than what and when? Since the shore ex $50 promo was removed? 

Yes, since shore ex promo removed.

Since I booked in September, the price pp has gone down $542 and I got an additional $50  shore excursion credit per port. Now there is an addition $40 pp decrease but I would lose one of my $50 shore excursion credits.  I have 2 cabins, 4 people and 4   ports of call.  I also got the additional Latitudes point per day.  I have save a lot of money since booking

Edited by disneylover89