Connecting a DVD player to an Island Princess TV

Ken the cruiser

I'm not sure about the Island but all the other ship HDMI inputs can be connected to DVD devices lately. The problem arises is if the TV's are wall mounted which make it really hard to get to the input.  

1 hour ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Yes, all the TVs have HDMI input ports.  Pretty hard to find a TY these days that doesn't have them, no matter how cheap they might be.

I think the important part of the posters question was whether they can connect their dvd player to the tv,

not whether most tvs are manufactured with hdmi inputs.

The cabin might not have a remote which will allow any 'other' inputs to be selected.

The tv might be locked in hospitality mode, disallowing any remote from changing the input selection.

The tv might be wall mounted in such a way that it is not possible to access the physical inputs.

Here is a description of what one poster had to go through on carribbean:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2576428-connecting-your-hdmi-device-to-the-new-oceanview-tvs-on-caribbean-princess/

But, I do agree with you, most TVs are manufactured with hdmi inputs.

Edited by pablo222
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

I think the important part of the posters question was whether they can connect their dvd player to the tv,

not whether most tvs are manufactured with hdmi inputs.

The cabin might not have a remote which will allow any 'other' inputs to be selected.

The tv might be locked in hospitality mode, disallowing any remote from changing the input selection.

The tv might be wall mounted in such a way that it is not possible to access the physical inputs.

Here is a description of what one poster had to go through on carribbean:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2576428-connecting-your-hdmi-device-to-the-new-oceanview-tvs-on-caribbean-princess/

But, I do agree with you, most TVs are manufactured with hdmi inputs.

I was on the Island earlier this year.  While it was probably my worse experience on a Princess ship to date, with leaking sewage and ill-mannered service crew, the TVs in the cabins had remotes and you could switch the input; either from the remote or from the TV itself.  And as noted, access to the inputs could awkward depending upon it's mounted position.