NEED EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER NCL BLISS

Proud Dance Mom

Good Morning,

Would anyone happen to have the contact information for chief sercurity officer on the NCL Bliss.

Will be sailing on the Bliss in Feb. 2020 and need to make some arrangements for Scuba equipment, scuba knife,  that is on the banned list.  Want to surrender equipment to security upon embarkment on ship and make arrange to be able to take possession of it on each island that my son will be diving and re-surrender it to security inbetween.

I have made several calls to the NCL call center who were not able to give me any information.  Am hoping someone would have this information, or if anyone is sailing on the Bliss in the near future, would be able to get me the information.

Thank you in advance for any help

Because it would have to get thru port security, my hope was to get an email from Security Office outlining arrangement to avoid any misunderstandings.  The email could also come in handy if we undergo any inspection at the border as we are coming from Montreal and have to cross US/Canada border.

Just trying to do this on the up and up.

Can’t you rent the equipment from whatever shop you dive with, so you don’t have to deal with security?

Having said this, the excursion folks might be helpful as I’m sure you aren’t the first person to ask about this, whether or not you are taking an NCL excursion.

1 hour ago, erdoran said:

Can’t you rent the equipment from whatever shop you dive with, so you don’t have to deal with security?

Having said this, the excursion folks might be helpful as I’m sure you aren’t the first person to ask about this, whether or not you are taking an NCL excursion.

Son has booked all his excursions with private dive shops and is more comfortable with his own equipment.  Was trying to avoid rental of any equipment.  Have made several frustrating calls to Excursion Desk with varied answers ranging from try and see what happens to not allowed to bring ANY scuba equipment including his own reg, dive computer, BCD.  That is why I was reaching out to the ship for a definative answer,

1 hour ago, FLcruisergrl said:

My hubby had no problem getting all of his scuba equipment through, with the exception of his knife. Even though it was per the NCL guidelines posted, port security would not let it through, no exceptions. He had to take it back to our car.

Thanks for the response.  Helps hearing from someone that actually tried bring equipment onboard.  I guess the knife will be left at home, don't need any trouble at the Port of Manhattan.

Looks like Bliss is going to Caribbean in February. I’ve done over 20 dives while cruising NCL ships. Regular scuba equipment will be fine, you shouldn’t have any problems with BCD, reg, mask googles and so forth. No air tanks though (you won’t need them). Knife is a problem though, first off, few places will let you carry them while diving and frankly, knifes are not needed in Caribbean. If he wants something, line cutters are fine and security generally will allow them. 

7 minutes ago, StackSkipton said:

Looks like Bliss is going to Caribbean in February. I’ve done over 20 dives while cruising NCL ships. Regular scuba equipment will be fine, you shouldn’t have any problems with BCD, reg, mask googles and so forth. No air tanks though (you won’t need them). Knife is a problem though, first off, few places will let you carry them while diving and frankly, knifes are not needed in Caribbean. If he wants something, line cutters are fine and security generally will allow them. 

Thanks for that.  NCL said no to a line cutter, but think my son is going to pick up a cheap line cutter, and see if he can't get away with that.  Have you managed to get the line cutter onboard with you.  He will be diving Roatan, Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Costa Maya.  Was not able to find a dive for Belize which he is really disappointed about, he so wanted to dive the Blue Hole.  He completed his PADI Rescue Diver just to be sure he had adequate credentials for that dive and now he cant get there, to far from Harvest Cay 

8 hours ago, ray98 said:

Just bring a 3.5 fixed blade knife.....

No don't. For Caribbean diving, do not bring a knife. First off, most dive operations won't let you have them and in some places, they are actually illegal for divers to have. 

I wouldn't recommend dive knifes to any divers unless you really go off beaten path a ton. However, Trilobite is something most divers should have and I've never had it taken away by security.

9 hours ago, Proud Dance Mom said:

Have you managed to get the line cutter onboard with you. 

Yes but it was buried in my full diving gear.

Generally security doesn't want to go through diving gear, after wet gear has been in bag for hour or so, it's going to smell really ripe. I'm sure I could have smuggled on full bottles of vodka with how security did not want to touch my gear after second port stop of diving.

19 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Port Canaveral wouldn’t allow it through

I have carried a 3.5" knife on every cruise I have been on and probably 6 times through Port Canaveral specifically.  It is not prohibited under the rules and has never been taken from me.

54 minutes ago, ray98 said:

I have carried a 3.5" knife on every cruise I have been on and probably 6 times through Port Canaveral specifically.  It is not prohibited under the rules and has never been taken from me.

In June my husband was not allowed through with his, even after escalating the issue. His is 3.5 inch fixed blade.