Carnival Sunshine ship model

gumdgr

Anyone know how to get a model of the Carnival Sunshine?  My 14 year old is collecting the ship models he has been on.  This was the first ship he was on.  Is there anyway to get one?  I have messaged Carnival and they said the only way to purchase one was on board.  

1 hour ago, gumdgr said:

Anyone know how to get a model of the Carnival Sunshine?  My 14 year old is collecting the ship models he has been on.  This was the first ship he was on.  Is there anyway to get one?  I have messaged Carnival and they said the only way to purchase one was on board.  

I am going next week. I am getting one for our 19 year old who continues to collect them.  I’ll grab an extra one if you’d like. 

Contact me at audrey Ann 8627 @ Gmail. Com if you’re interested.  

• 4 years later...

I fail. The only thing my 14yo wanted from the ship was one of the models. I can usually find anything online so I told him we would get him one when we got home. Obviously I know now that was a colossal mistake. :(

Our son was on the very last Carnival Destiny cruise (4 day cruise leaving on Dec. 20, 2012) I asked him to get me a model ship.  They sold out, so on the last he asked the employee at the register if he could buy the ship in the window.  He said yes and he know where the box is.  So I got the last Carnival Destiny.  So I have 2 Destiny Ships (the first ship was bought on the New Years Eve 5 day cruise Dec. 28, 2009) and I have 2 Carnival Sunshine models (Inagural cruise April 19, 2014 and the 2nd ship bought on the April 16, 2016).  The first Sunshine model I bought was on the Inagural Sunshine cruise out of Port Canaveral.

The reason why I have two ships is because we owned two homes at the time.  I have a total of 39 ships (not all carnival).  We sold our second home two years ago, so the ship models are now all together.  We change out the ship we are displaying frequently.  

We have been on Carnival Sunshine (including the Sailebration) six times and it needs to comeback to Florida.  

Last month while onboard the Sunshine, I purchased one for my 10 year old grandson(who was sailing with me) to add to his collection that originally belonged to my son.  He now has many different ships from different cruise lines, notably two signed Disney ships (the first two ships that my son sailed on.)  I purchased one of the last few on display after I looked on eBay to see them being sold for more than the model cost on the ship.🙄  Paid $49.00 on the ship, which I think is ridiculous considering the first few we purchased cost only $15.  The last that I purchased (prior to the Sunshine) was $25.