BOA redemption question

Ren1216

Tried researching this but found some conflicting answers.  Plus, things change.  Hoping for some clarification / current info.

If I redeem my BOA Rewards for OBC, will it show up in My Cruise Planner to use on purchases (pre-cruise) for an upcoming January sailing?  Or is that OBC not accessible until I'm on board?

Thanks in advance!

31 minutes ago, Ren1216 said:

Tried researching this but found some conflicting answers.  Plus, things change.  Hoping for some clarification / current info.

If I redeem my BOA Rewards for OBC, will it show up in My Cruise Planner to use on purchases (pre-cruise) for an upcoming January sailing?  Or is that OBC not accessible until I'm on board?

Thanks in advance!

It will show up in your cruise planner a couple weeks prior to sailing. I forget exactly how close - but I was able to purchase drink packages with mine before our cruise in the past.  Then once onboard if you have more credit it will show up on your onboard account around day 2.

• Like 1

The OBC from Visa points does show up in the Cruise Planner.  However, it may not show up until a few weeks before the cruise.  You can try to get them to post it sooner by calling 888-305-4626.

• Like 1

In my experience if you redeem points to pay for the cruise it seemed to take about a week. If you redeem them for OBC it seemed to take longer than I wanted to be patient so I called and they applied it right away. 

We book most of the things prior to sailing so I prefer to have it on the account rather than waiting.

Particularly with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday possible deals.

• Like 1

When I redeemed mine, I had already purchased everything I wanted, so I thought I would use it for onboard.  I did request the OBC be for me only,  as I was traveling with my sister.

When I got onboard, I found the credit was divided between the two of us.  I had to go to Guest Services with her to have the credit transferred to my account.  I did see it posted before the cruise on the Cruise Planner, but as I signed into my account, I had no way of knowing it was going to be divided.

I think for most people traveling as couples, it's not a problem, but for 2 traveling and paying as individuals, it may be a problem.  It all did work out in the long run, but I shouldn't have had to go to Guest Services.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RBKL said:

Particularly with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday possible deals.

Exactly what I'm thinking!  

6 hours ago, katiel53 said:

I think for most people traveling as couples, it's not a problem, but for 2 traveling and paying as individuals, it may be a problem.  It all did work out in the long run, but I shouldn't have had to go to Guest Services.

I was wondering if they had figured out how to divide it by now.  Years ago, they split my "single" OBC with my cabin mate.  Sailing with my hubs this time, but ty for the heads up.

52 minutes ago, Ren1216 said:

I was wondering if they had figured out how to divide it by now.  Years ago, they split my "single" OBC with my cabin mate.  Sailing with my hubs this time, but ty for the heads up.

Oops... I meant to say:  I wondered if they had figured out how to  *apply it properly*  by now.  Guess not, huh!  Ah well.