carry on soda????

coachwardog

I am a diet pepsi drinker and almost all cruiselines only offer coke products, plus I like a soda when I get up (which is usually fairly early) and they can be hard to get in the morning as the lounges may not be open.

What I do is bring enough soda to get me to the first port and then buy enough there to get to the next port etc. For most of the ports in the eastern and western caribean you can buy them for at most $1 from vendors on the streets (think hot dog carts). Some places have more regular like stores where they are cheaper.

I don't know which cruiseline you'll be using. However, Carnival allows a 'reasonable amount' to be brought on board. I always take a 6-pk. of the bottled Cokes in my checked luggage, as well as my wine - only because I don't want to carry them to the ship and to my cabin. (I bubblewrap and then put into 2-gallon ziplok bags in case of spillage.)

Many folks put them in their carry-ons. I've seen several bringing on the 12-pk. case in their hands. Whatever's best for you.:)

:confused: How much soda can be taken on ships, we are cruising for first time in July. What is best way to take it on? - place it in luggae or carry it around with you.

thanks Coach P

Coach,

Consider purchasing a soda card on board. It gives you unlimited soda daily when on the ship. Most cruise lines offer the soda card for $30-$40 dollars for a one week cruise. Its definitely worth it, especially since DW is an avid diet coke drinker. It aslo affords you the opportunity to mix it with your own booze if you know what I mean. (LOL) We also bring soda on board for our cabin. We just purchase it in port and walk on the ship with it.

John

my travel agent who called Carnival with this question. The answer I got is that you can bring one case.

You can bring one sealed case of soda.

One sealed case of water

And One sealed case of juice.

Also, one bottle of wine.

These are all per stateroom. At least this is what I was told. I have yet to go on my cruise, so I cannot vouch for the information.

Seems kinda heavy. Any suggestions on transportation???

Are there refrigerators in the rooms on Carnival? Or at least glasses and a handy ice machine?

Depends on what ship.

The refrigerators we ever had were never cold enough anyways. We use a small cooler- one that holds 12 cans and keep that filled with ice. THe cabin steward fills it. Most ships you will not see the ice machine. Each cabin will have two drinking glasses..very small ones. Take your own insulated mug for trips to the lido deck.

Archived