Animal Towels on RCI?

raysen2

We've gotten them on each cruise--except the 1st night on our last one (EOS) I think our room steward was overwelmed--a whole planeful of passengers was late to the ship--our bags were very, very late being delivered to our room,etc... However--from then on, smooooth sailing. Not only did we have towel animals, they were decorated with our sunglasses, hair barrettes, camera, etc... Much fun!

Just returned from the EOS Eastern Caribbean (2nd RCCL cruise) 3 days ago...not ONLY did we get the towel animals but pillow sculptures, too! We would get pillow sculptures after they made up our bed in the morning and towel animals when they turned down our bed at night. It was always fun to see what surprise we would have awaiting us upon entry into our stateroom!!!

On our Mariner cruise last year, we had towel animals every night. One night, we even had a huge swan made out of the spare blanket and the pillows. But on our Serenade cruise a couple of weeks ago, we only had towel animals 3 out of the 7 nights. :(

My first cruise was in 1993 on the Carnival Holiday. I was so excited one night when we got back to the room to find my nightgown, hat and sunglasses turned into a lounging sunbather on my bed. At that time, it felt like the cabin steward did it just for us..something unique.

Well, time goes by, and you forget about the magic, realize that you aren't the "only special ones", get accustomed to it....whatever. This past December, however, things reverted back to the way I felt in 1993. My cabin-mate was my 6 year old niece. The joy and delight of these special surprises came roaring back through sharing it with her. :)

Tell the kids to be careful with that elephant though. It's made up of multiple towels, and as my niece joyously ran down the hall to show it to her mother, the whole thing fell apart. :(

Anyway, try to look at these things as delightful surprises, not expectations....I think that is the moral of my story. :)

Tracy

Wrp96 - Good luck on the bar!

From one law student who has just begun!

Dona

Run Away! Flee before you go completely mad!! Thanks for the luck though. I need it. I leave for my Brilliance cruise at 4am the day after the bar finishes. I will probably have a hangover when I get on board.

Archived