Parking @ Port Everglades

Friendofbillbob

We are on Allure on 12/1. We are staying in the Fort Lauderdale area with family two days before and 3 days after the cruise (they cannot give us rides to/from port. On the roll call forum someone warned that this could be a record breaking day at the port with more ships than usual. I am debating Uber or rent a car.... price is probably close not figuring on parking. How much is parking? Should we consider a satellite lot? Do the shuttle buses get to the ship sooner then Uber or my own car?   Thanks

I would hazard a guess that many, if not most, passengers do not drive and park at the port; rather they take a taxi, Uber, Lyft, or have a friend or relative drive them.  Even on the busiest days, I have never heard (local TV) or read (local press, here on cruise critic) of an unavailability of parking at Port Everglades.  Remember that in most cases, as many people are disembarking as embarking.  In the case of an additional ship (or 2 or 3) there is still space.  Now with that many ships in port, it is possible that the security booths will back up.  However you arrive, make sure you have your ID and boarding pass available for inspection (although I'm not sure if they inspect passengers on shuttles as closely as they do in cars).

Another vote for Park n. Go here!  They are located near the port.  You can reserve and pay in advance on their website.  Upon arrival, you will drop off your car at the entrance and they will immediately board you on a shuttle.  The shuttle will take you to your pier (about a 5-10 minute ride).  On Disembarkation Day, the shuttle will pick you up at your pier and your car will be ready at the gate.  Check out, receive your bottled water and enjoy looking at the monkeys playing on the property. 

They are much cheaper and easier than parking at one of the port garages!