Arts & Crafts: I tricked out my Medallion case :D

Ldyandrea

So, I have my next cruise coming up in just 2 weeks, and got my Medallion in the mail. I opted to use the standard plastic case that comes with it, but being me, I just can't have anything normal.  So, I decided to trick out my Medallion case with some images printed on paper and cut out to match the cardboard insert.  What do you think?  😀

I printed out each of the images, one for the front, and one for the back. Then, using the original insert, traced around it, and then cut each out with tiny embroidery scissors. I really like the effect, and it looks unique! The lanyard, btw is one that I bought late last year from an artist on Etsy. Got one each for me, and my mom and aunt as gifts to use on our family cruise back in January.

Now, just waiting to hear about my cabin assignment, and need to get packing! 13 days and counting!

Lanyard 1.jpg

Lanyard 2.jpg

Lanyard 3.jpg

Lanyard 4.jpg

Lanyard 5.jpg

Lanyard 6.jpg

Edited by Ldyandrea
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Lookin' good, Ldyandrea.

Mrs. XBGuy is a beader.  Maybe this will give her an inspiration.

Yeah, the ones I got weren't too pricey, and they're really quite good quality. I'm sure if I'd bought them in a shop they would have cost at least twice as much. It's always cool to make something yourself, or buy something hand crafted if you can.