Noordam Cabins

onthewater51

Hi All,

My wife and I are looking at taking the Noordam, May 2020 to Alaska.  We have a courtesy hold good thru 11/14 on cabin E1120, which we now know is under the galley and not recommended by posters here.    We already have an Alaska trip booked with RCCL for that month which we can still cancel.   

We want an unobstructed ocean view room and it looks like those are only on the Main Deck, 1.  We don’t see any on that deck that look ideal given the promenade is above you.   That leaves moving up to a Veranda room, which we could do, but we were trying to avoid that.  

So the question is....Are there any good ocean view rooms on the Main Deck, or is that a deck we should avoid?

FYI... we aren’t novice cruisers.   Both in our early  60s, very fit and active.  Been cruising  with RCCL & Princess for 30 years.  Thought it might be time for something different 

Thanks in advance 

Bob

The promenade is 2 decks up from Main, so that isn't a problem.I would go for any C or D on the starboard side to avoid being under the galley. and the lounge where the B.B.King's play.

Or if they are open, 4121 and 4122 have views not blocked by lifeboats.

See Westerdam 4121:  http://halfacts.com/vista-class/4121-westerdam/

Edited by catl331

14 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

We want an unobstructed ocean view room and it looks like those are only on the Main Deck, 1.  

You might try looking at F6001 and F6002 - their view is forward with staterooms above and below. D4121 and D4122 are classified as unobstructed but they are just aft of the lifeboats and have somewhat limited view. 4121 should be above the Photo Gallery.

10 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

D4121 and D4122 are classified as unobstructed but they are just aft of the lifeboats and have somewhat limited view

IMO 6001 and 6002 have more limited views because of the deck and railing. And I prefer the floor-to-ceiling windows in 4121/4122.

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1