Bliss - Mini-Suite vs Balcony

April42749

I was just in a mini-suite on the Escape and from what I've read, the Bliss cabins are the same. If so, the room is identical to a balcony room, with only the bathroom being bigger. I will say, it was really nice having the bigger bathroom with the large shower and double sink. We'll be on the Bliss in 4 months and we booked a mini-suite again.

• 2 weeks later...

So...another issue.

I was in the MS on the BA...nice shower, no tub

I was in the MS on the Gem....tub (which I hated because I'm short)

In one of the Bliss MS reviews it mentions "a tub".  Is there a tub or was the reviewer "confused".

Although it may not seem like a big deal, on the Gem the wall was high and there was no way to hang on...so I avoid "tubs at sea".

Thanks..........

We went back and forth about booking a balcony or mini suite for our Alaska cruise on the Bliss and after many YouTube video reviews and general searching we settled on the Spa Mini suite for two reasons, the larger bathroom with the dual sink and shower jets seemed nice and at the time the price difference between a mid ship balcony room and a mid ship mini suite was less than $300, granted we ending up getting the spa one so we could have the access to the thermal suite. Way worth it to us just to have the extra 40 sq ft of cabin, and the balcony is even 10 sq ft bigger according to the website. They list the mid ship balcony at 207 sq ft for the cabin and 32 sq ft for the balcony and the mini suite at 249 sq ft and 42 sq ft respectively. Unfortunately the only downside to the mini suite is that it shouldn't be called a suite, because it comes with ZERO of the normal perks you get when booking a suite, so the name can be misleading. 

here's a good review of the bliss cabin to further help your decision    

Edited by Matco

Been in a few mini suites on older ships, always seemed like a major upgrade over a standard balcony. I remember on my first cruise on Carnival Miracle, we were upgraded from balcony to the MS. My friends on board were wow'd by the size (seemed double in size to the standard balcony room we originally had). We'd all party in our MS at the end of the night. Really let down that MS equates to only a couple square feet in the bathroom on the Encore. But, was the same cost as the balcony, so no biggie. Just irritating that the word "suite" is even in the title on the Encore. Not even close.

Edited by NoobCroozer

Suites meant something on the ships prior to the Breakaway class (maybe even Epic). Suites on Jewel class and prior had perks. After that, just the bigger bathroom. At least on RCCL a suite has perks. That said, I still prefer NCL. Of my 10 cruises, 7 have been with NCL and I have for the most part had a much better time on NCL.