Carnival Elation 2020 Drydock

CruiseAdict218

Per Cruise Industry News: 

Carnival Cruise Line has turned to turn-key outfitter ALMACO once again, this time to deliver 30 new staterooms for the Carnival Elation for an upcoming refit at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in March 2020, according to a statement.

ALMACO had previously worked with both Carnival and Grand Bahama Shipyard on the Elation during a 2017 drydock, part of the line’s Fun Ship 2.0 ship enhancement program.

"Our scope of work involves the full turnkey outfitting of 30 new staterooms on Deck 9,"......

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21903-almaco-to-deliver-30-new-staterooms-for-carnival-elation.html

30 new staterooms is a lot to stuff into one deck which currently has no cabins, I do wonder what will be removed. Paradise's next dry dock per a site seems like its slated for the same thing.

not sure unless they move serenity a higher deck from behind the aft comedy club area. There is also some seating around the aft bar area in front of the comedy area. perhaps some reconfiguration of that aft area could create some aft cabins? 

definitely worth following since we sail Paradise frequently and it appears she is getting a similar reconfiguration.

Well, that sucks.  One more ship having more cabins crammed onto it at the expense of public space, leading to more crowding.  I'm glad my B2B on the Elation will be done in January.  I'll most likely never sail her again after that, especially with this being done.