Most of the S3s on Edge are Connecting?

mafig

I don't know the answer to your question, but they are connected through a  small vestibule - there is no common door through the wall of the cabin.  This vestibule eliminated hall noise.  We did not hear anything from our neighbors and I have booked this suite twice more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but they are connected through a  small vestibule - there is no common door through the wall of the cabin.  This vestibule eliminated hall noise.  We did not hear anything from our neighbors and I have booked this suite twice more. 

Really?  I have to go back and look, but I see what you're saying, however, it looks like half of them are connecting through the wall and the other half through the vestibule.  I think I saw a few youtube videos where I noticed the door on the wall, but I had no idea it was so many of them like that.

Thanks, JFontaine.

The S3's are all connected to an inside, except on deck 12 (and I personally would avoid deck 12 S3's, if you have a choice). It appears all are connected by a shared outside door and hallway like this one (11166 & 11168): the inside is to the left and the S3 is straight ahead. I haven't heard noise complaints from the people who have sailed in the S3's or the insides.

image.thumb.png.bc8550f7b3837e759216597e73b7f442.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

We were in a S3 on the 10th floor, in the middle. Was super quiet. The added hallway makes that you never hear a peep from outside, as only people in the inside (in our case) and us were using that hallway. There is no door opening directly from a cabin to another;

I would rebook in a heartbeat. We were covered from the rain and the sun, we had full view while sitting on the balcony, the room was central to everything and was super quiet.

I can't tell for the S3 on each end... 

Edited by angelhelly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently in an S3 on deck 12- I can confirm that it is definitely not connected in any way whatsoever to any other stateroom or suite. There is no shared mini hallway and we open directly onto the corridor. 

Super quiet with no noise from above  - except during the big storm earlier in the cruise !

and very convenient for Luminae, the Retreat and the sun deck. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, WorcesterPear said:

Currently in an S3 on deck 12- I can confirm that it is definitely not connected in any way whatsoever to any other stateroom or suite. There is no shared mini hallway and we open directly onto the corridor. 

Super quiet with no noise from above  - except during the big storm earlier in the cruise !

and very convenient for Luminae, the Retreat and the sun deck. 

Great! If you would like to review the suite after your cruise, it would be wonderful. I'm not sure which suite you are in but there was noise from above early on and they were trying to fix it (12158 & 12160). Hope that is resolved.

The two big differences with Deck 12 S3's is that they don't have connecting cabins and the corner S3's do not have a window on the balcony.

Here is the Edge cabin info review thread, if you wish to review your suite so others will have an idea about the pros and cons. Hope you had a great cruise on the Edge and enjoy your last day!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/

15 hours ago, angelhelly said:

I can't tell for the S3 on each end... 

It appears (at least) to me that the S3s on the end do not connect via the vestibule, but through the wall in the suite.  Unless I'm reading the plans incorrectly (which has happened before:classic_unsure:).  The also are connecting to balconies, not insides.

Anyway, I will go by the reviews about quietness …. at least for the middles.

Edited by mafig

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

It appears (at least) to me that the S3s on the end do not connect via the vestibule, but through the wall in the suite.  Unless I'm reading the plans incorrectly (which has happened before:classic_unsure:).

Anyway, I will go by the reviews about quietness …. at least for the middles.

The deck plans are deceptive. I also thought they had an inside connection until reports started coming out. This is the report from the Edge Cabin Info sticky, for 11160, which is a corner S3 - "11158 (C3) connects in interior hallway [not part of cabin] – no noise issues from connecting door."

I have been following the S3's closely because they are so much cheaper now than the S2's (which I love) and there are some good deals for suite guarantees. I've decided that I would take a chance on an Edge suite guarantee now that there have been so many positive experiences in the S3's and all the other Sky Suites would be fine with me.

I see good prices for suite guarantees for the date I'm looking at also.

Does Celebrity still let you change if you get a suite, for instance, on Deck 12 if others are available?

Also.....what's the worst S2 you could end up with (dreaming, I know).

37 minutes ago, mafig said:

I see good prices for suite guarantees for the date I'm looking at also.

Does Celebrity still let you change if you get a suite, for instance, on Deck 12 if others are available?

Also.....what's the worst S2 you could end up with (dreaming, I know).

As far as I know, you can call and ask to change as long as it is the same class.

I think the "worst" S2's might be the way forward ones on 10 - 10100 & 10101 -they are listed as 5% obstructed, due to being near lower end of the bridge and looks like camera support right there. I could live with that! 🙂 9184 is a bit close to the Magic Carpet, but not a deal breaker for me - I was in an IV close to the MC on one cruise and it was not an issue. The only other negative I read about was in 10115, where there was a crew stairwell across the hall that he heard the door slamming. Again, I could deal with that, if the price was right. All of the other S2's and S1's (10156 {S1} is pretty close to the Magic Carpet, if that is an issue for some) all look fine. The aft S1's are all fine, as far as I can tell. Even those on 7 are fine - our friends were in one and loved it. Of course, deck 12 might have the usual OVC noise, but people haven't complained too loudly about that yet.

I almost booked a suite guarantee on one cruise where all the sky suites were gone (CS, RS, Edge Villas left!) - unfortunately I couldn't make it work for taking the time off. They probably would have bumped people up and put me in an S3 anyway.

Circled suite is 10101

image.png.c3a5c479fde2527c7983c7acd34eae3a.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 2